Happy new year

verystormy

As I type, I know it has long gone in Australia, in fact Sydney are already waking up. But, it is news years eve here in bonny Scotland and we are about to head out to see our first Hogmanay.

So, I want to wish everyone a wonderful 2017 no matter what it brings.

The one message I have learned from 2016 that I can share is that the the loved ones in your life are number one, two three......... Nothing else matters.

We can all get caught up in the idea that we must have xyz to be happy. But 2016 has showed me it is the opposite. We in March found ourselves with nothing. Not even a spoon. But, I look back and think it has been a wonderful year. Not easy, but wonderful as it showed me "the milk of human kindness".

So, as we start a new year, don't think about the material things but think about the more wonderful things of you and the people who love you.

Happy new year to you all.

We are too still down under. Ploding on and getting on with it as you do. Inside of house fully renovated in 19 mths. Old wood patio has been taken down. We have an arabian tent sun shelter presently. 2017 brings new guttering new patio and pavers. Not bad for 2 middle age gits on a budget. Dogs body present 4 weeks of the month gaffa 1 week of the month. Ebbz is thriving living her life she will have owned us 3 yrs in May. Friend said how do i cope with hubby away me i dont get time to miss him im too busy. Considering I was going home constantly since being here .... Am still remaining ..... For now <wink> it is still an experience...... Happy new year peoples

I hope everyone had a wonderful new year eve / Hogmanay.

We had a wonderful time in the village hall. This time last year I would never have dreamt we would spend it doing the Gay Gordon in a tiny Scottish village. But couldn't have asked for a better time. Most of the village were there and everyone danced the night away to a band playing great traditional music. I don't know what time we got home and this morning had to play find my shoes game!

Took ok the dog for a walk in a frost covered park this morning and now just finished prepping the roast - slow cooked shoulder of lamb marinated in garlic and rosemary with roast potatoes, roast parsnip, sprouts, chantelly carrots, green beans. Wife is still dozing on the sofa with the dog.

A wonderful start to what I am sure will be a wonderful 2017.