4 days in so far so good!

Jen78

What a week! After everything was packed up on Thursday, we waved goodbye to our container on Friday (containing a library book, a book I bought myself for the first few weeks and all the manuals for the kitchen appliances and the heating system - whoops!) after a slight mishap with the lorry breaking the grid on next doors drive! We are all good and happy to be here. The flights were fine, second one was a bit long and it was difficult to get comfy enough to have a good sleep but we all managed a little bit, me and my eldest both cried when we landed as we knew it was the start of the most amazing adventure.

We have been into Perth twice, hired a car (I've driven it already eek!) and activated the bank account. Today we went to Fremantle and had lunch in the shade of a big tree in the park and went on the beach and managed to sit under a wooden pier type structure which gave us shade. We are liking the breeze cos it makes the heat bearable, we all put plenty of cream on and had a really nice day. It was nice to relax and have an afternoon which felt like a holiday after being so busy since we got here.

We have looked around 4 houses and made a decision on one in Willetton and are filling in an application which we will give in on Monday, out of the 4, we like the only one without a pool! We are looking to get a big paddling pool instead.

Tomorrow we are heading to Cottesloe beach, and on Monday we are doing our first 'big shop' at the supermarket. So far we are finding food quite expensive, but thats something we just need to accept and get used to, and try and shop more smart, but were already trying to eat more healthily already. We will give the public barbie at the apartment a go next week.

We've managed to make a couple of whatsapp calls home which has made things a bit easier and the girls are constantly in touch with their friends who are all really interested in what its like over here (mainly what time it is and what the weather and food are like!).

I had a 'pinch me is this real?' moment today walking through fremantle, I can't believe were here, and we live here, its completely amazing!

We're looking forward to what the next few weeks and months have to offer as we start to settle in, I just need to stop waking up bright as a button at 2.30am!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Jen xx:cool:

Ahhh it's great isn't it!! We've been here 3 days and also had those pinch me moments, although we haven't been nearly as busy as you guys have been lol

We went out last night for a birthday party in Perth with some new friends and have met more new friends and already been invited to an Australia Day party at their house. Overall everyone we have met has been awesome and so so nice, Perth is amazing day and night and I'm here wondering why on earth we didn't do this sooner!!

Glad you're all settling in well and good luck with the house!!

Hey Jen,

Try Aldi for shopping, there are 3 or 4 of them in Perth now. You won't get everything you need but probably 60-70%. Cheaper than Coles & Woolies.

I move from Sydney on a couple of weeks, looking forward to it.

I've only ever been able to get a few things from Aldi and not a big shop

Were going to try a woolies, then a Coles and an Aldi over the next three weeks to see how we get on for price and choice. Should be interesting tomorrow, I bet it takes us ages not knowing where anything is or what the brands are like!

Well done Paul2680 on making friends so soon, were looking tonight at where to go for Australia day, don't know what's happening anywhere but don't want to miss out!

Lovely day at the beach, pool tomorrow afternoon I think! :laugh:

We found Aldi was not far off in price to coles, their fresh meat seemed a bit better and they have some of the same stuff Aldi UK have so a bit of familiarity kind of helps lol

Theres loads going on around Perth for Australia Day, I saw an advert on the train showing what's on, have a google and see what's what.

We found Aldi was not far off in price to coles, their fresh meat seemed a bit better and they have some of the same stuff Aldi UK have so a bit of familiarity kind of helps lol

Theres loads going on around Perth for Australia Day, I saw an advert on the train showing what's on, have a google and see what's what.[/QUO

Great chocolate though:) that's why I need to stay away from it

Welcome Jen and family - glad all is going well for you.... chuckling about your 2.30am starts to the day... but don't worry that will settle once the jetlag goes. Good luck with the house application in Willetton. It is a very nice suburb - I live in a neighbouring suburb and if once you are settled, you need any heads up on shops etc, just contact me.

• 3 weeks later...