Rossmoyne SHS- is it all it's cracked up to be?

Tigerbalm

Hoping this post doesn't make me come across as a pushy mum- I'm really not! But my daughter who is 10 has just sat her 11+ and done really rather well. She's been offered a place in one of the top grammar schools in our county and I feel terribly guilty that she won't get the opportunity to go.

So I now feel that I owe her the best education I can find her in WA. I've been researching schools in the area we want to live in and Rossmoyne keeps cropping up as a school that seems to tick all the right boxes. But it's very hard to really get a feel for a place when you're just researching it online. It's clear to see that it does very well in league tables but are all the kids happy and safe there? I've scoured this site and others to see if I can find some honest opinions about it but I can't seem to find any comments from anyone who actually goes there.

I'm aware the catchment area is uber strict but my husband is going out there first and I will send him all guns blazing to try and get a rental sorted in the right area if we decide this is the school for our daughter, but I would love to hear if anyone has any experience of Rossmoyne, good or bad!

I've not had any experience of Rossmoyne SHS but like you have been doing research on good senior schools in Perth ahead of the move. Nothing pushy about it IMHO - all parents like to give their children the best possible education.

I've had great advice from PP members and hopefully someone with on the ground experience will be along shortly to respond to your post.

I've no personal experience of Rossmoyne but if you check here - you'll see that they are consistently one of the top five State schools in terms of exam results. http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/Publications/Reports/Statistical_Reports/School_Comparison_Statistics

You get good results by having a motivated teaching staff and well behaved, motivated students (and parents).