School Shoes

JoW1

Can anyone tell me if State Primary school children wear school shoes as they do in the UK? I've looked at a few school sites and the children look like they are wearing trainers/pumps. My children have just outgrown their school shoes do I purchase some more in the UK where they are cheaper?

Most kids at Govt schools wear trainers, some younger girls might wear what they call Lady Jane shoes - like pumps with a strap. Almost all private schools want kids to wear black leather lace up - girls as well as boys, the odd school is dark brown but most black. Black lace up shoes are easy to come by and fairly cheap here.

My two girls go to a Catholic Primary and they wear black school shoes (with Velcro). The school uniform states black lace up but are flexible and have allowed Velcro (teachers probably don't want to spend ages retying the younger children's laces!).

At the local government school the children wear trainers.

Had I known that our girls were going into the Catholic School I would have bought Clarks shoes before leaving the UK, however the ones from Target are cheap and seem to be very durable.

I did buy trainers and bring them with and I am glad I did as good trainers are expensive here.