High school electives

Tigerbalm

This may be a very silly question but how many electives are year 7 students supposed to have per semester, on top of their core subjects? My daughter does two and I always thought that was across the board, however I have just had a conversation with someone that told me she should be allowed to do more and it depends on the school?

This may be a very silly question but how many electives are year 7 students supposed to have per semester, on top of their core subjects? My daughter does two and I always thought that was across the board, however I have just had a conversation with someone that told me she should be allowed to do more and it depends on the school?

It varies from school to school and student to student. My daughter is in an academic extension program so she has less periods for electives than some other students. She also studies music which lessens it even more. If you're unsure speak to the school.

Thought the AEP may have been the reason, but then the person I was speaking to has a child doing the GATE which I thought would mean even less electives! Not too worried about my yr 7 daughter as she's more than happy to stick with the two she's chosen all the way through, but wondering what to do with my year 5 daughter as I think she'll have a tough choice choosing.