Moving to Rockingham area, which place would be best for 3 & 6 year olds

Guest GillianTraynor

Guest GillianTraynor

Hey

Having now decided on Rockingham area, would now like to ask if anyone can recommend best area to stay with a 3 year old and 6 year old. As I plan to work full time I would require day care for 3 year old and out of school clubs for 6 year old?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks:biggrin:

Where abouts in the rockingham area ? i used a great daycare in Rockingham itself and i can def reccomend its council ran and very good Childcare services , Rockingham . Also check out camp Australia for before and after school care i use them , they are located within certain schools all over WA .http://www.campaustralia.com.au/

There is also CYC o Conner youth group ..before and after school care and vacational care they have to be over 5 years to attend this one its on mandurah Rd Rockingham/Baldivis .

Also there are registered home day care .. google bright futures day care . http://www.familydaycarewa.com.au/ before school and after and holiday or long day carers in a home envirement .

Don't be confused with day care and vacational ( i;e school holidays) not all do both so best to check otherwise as soon as holidays start you may have to use another facility .

anyway welcome to the forum and hope you get some more info along the way :)

Guest GillianTraynor

Anywhere that has a train station with direct train to Perth City. Dont mind the 35/40 train journey from say Warnbro. Just not sure of which area would be best and easiest. Open to any suggestions so I can investigate. Thanks

Guest GillianTraynor

Ive seen a few nice houses there. Is it good for primary schoo? Suppose if daycare in Rockingham could be dropped off on way for train?

My daughter used to go to daycare in rockingham and i used to take 30 mins to drive there take her in settle her in , do the paperwork and drive back to Baldivis , as you say the rail station is halfway between the two , we have 3 schools for primary and they are very hot on their boundaries , we used to go to makybe Rise ( great school ) though new and only goes up to year two at present still being built and we moved to Settlers primary as we were within their Catchment .. where we go to now as we moved house .

There is also Baldivis primary which has a good rep slightly more rural feel though not really in a rural area for long as the building here is getting more filled in but all have good reps , the high school is being opened in 2013 , there is also Tranby School which is private and goes straight through from kindy to year 12 . but they have a day care service there that you can get into even if your not going to the school , quite a long waiting list apparently :)

My daughter used to go to daycare in rockingham and i used to take 30 mins to drive there take her in settle her in , do the paperwork and drive back to Baldivis , as you say the rail station is halfway between the two , we have 3 schools for primary and they are very hot on their boundaries , we used to go to makybe Rise ( great school ) though new and only goes up to year two at present still being built and we moved to Settlers primary as we were within their Catchment .. where we go to now as we moved house .

There is also Baldivis primary which has a good rep slightly more rural feel though not really in a rural area for long as the building here is getting more filled in but all have good reps , the high school is being opened in 2013 , there is also Tranby School which is private and goes straight through from kindy to year 12 . but they have a day care service there that you can get into even if your not going to the school , quite a long waiting list apparently :)

Totally agree with Jackboots about the Baldivis Primary schools - Settlers is excellent. however, I would not recommend sending your children to the Tranby out of school care as I moved to Baldivis in January and used this childcare facility for my 7 year old daughter. On her first day, after school, the Tranby chilcare forgot to collect her from school so the teacher had to take her over, they do not provide breakfast at their before school care (parents have to provide this). However, theydid not tell me this and sent my daughter to school without anything to eat before school!!!! I was pretty disgusted with their child care provision, hence the reason for this post. I wouldhate another parent to experience this lack of care for children!!!!!