Do you ever wonder.....

Nikkis2000

If that person sitting next to you on the train, or you smile at in the supermarket, or you curse at at the traffic lights - is a fellow PP member?!

I know that there have been some get togethers but not everyone attends or has necessarily met the same people. And not everyone has a picture on their avatar or profile.

Maybe we should have some kind of special pin badge or secret handshake that identifies us to each other. :cool::wink:

According to the 2012 census the population of Perth was approx 10% poms, around 140k.

I'm not entirely sure how many active members PP has and although it is growing all the time we're still a pretty tiny group. I actually think it would be nice to change this, it would be great to have more members simply because most of us seem to be a pretty helpful and supportive bunch and as we have a few more meet ups it would be good to have a regular thing, particularly for new arrivals.

Getting back to the question in hand, I used to ponder on this but now I realise the chances are very slim and pommie accents are so commonplace around here and our membership more broad so I'm more surprised when I meet people who have heard of us.

If that person sitting next to you on the train, or you smile at in the supermarket, or you curse at at the traffic lights - is a fellow PP member?!

I know that there have been some get togethers but not everyone attends or has necessarily met the same people. And not everyone has a picture on their avatar or profile.

Maybe we should have some kind of special pin badge or secret handshake that identifies us to each other. :cool::wink:

so Nikki, do you look like your avatar picture? :laugh:

You would be surprised how coincidence happens. When Elfie first moved over we ran into her in woolies.

When I was working in south America I was working in very remote parts of the atacama desert. Hadn't seen anyone for weeks. Then one day, I saw a figure on the horizon coming towards me. It turned out to be a good friend who had come out to do the same job for a different company.

Indeed we did Stormy and I bear hugged you much to your wife's disgust - I make no excuses I am who I am and make no bones about it hahahaha. When John said look whose by here it could only have been you as he didn't know anyone else lololol .......

But apart from wondering if I am in the same place or next to as someone else from PP in a nutshell NO