Count down has begun

<Dan>

Its now hit the 99 days to go mark until we fly out in Perth.

My wife (Debbie Medhurst on here) is starting to sell everything we own (or seems that way) according to Facebook. We seem to be buying other things which might be cheaper here rather than there.

Cant wait mind you :D

I remember hitting that mark on our calender, it was very exciting and that time will really fly by. We got rid of a lot of stuff and some of it I have no idea why, as we would have used it here, maybe we see it as a chance to get rid of things we have not used for a while or to clear out the stuff we seem to have hoarded over the years.

I also remember at the 99 day mark a slight panic set in that I was running out of time to do stuff I had always wanted to do, so make sure you get to fit in stuff to do that you have always wanted to do, it seems silly now but I really wanted to go to the house where they filmed Downton Abbey and we just never got there, and now when I watch it I do wish I had made the time to go, as houses like that here are very few.

My wife wants to take the kids to all the places before we go, but I worry about how much money we will have to live on when we first arrive, given I have no job yet!

We set aside a budget for all our travel and for doing the London thing etc knowing that it would be an opportunity of a lifetime and we'd promised the kids a trip years ago, but then we knew he money we had left would be enough to set us up in Australia. If I were you if sit down together and carefully budget the move and then see if you have funds for any sightseeing before leaving the UK :smile:

Unfortunately we are on a tight budget and that's my main concern. At least until I know how much money I will be bringing in each month.

Where do they want to go? Maybe get them to choose one they all want to go to and agree on and that doesn't cost the earth. We went to London and most things we did were free like the natural history museum, science museum, Buckingham Palace and changing of the guard, walk along the Thames, Millenium bridge and St Paul's cathedral, double decker bus (on our day pass not a tourist one).

We have 78 days till we leave and in the same boat as you as no jobs to go to and a very tight budget.

We will be doing a quick day trip or two to London with MIL before she flies home on 12 September and will be taking a picnic lunch with each day to keep costs down.

We'll do as much as we can on the buses using our day pass. One must see for MIL is Camden Market so that day we'll leave the girls at home with OH as they don't really enjoy the crowds.

Exciting times already counting down... I do agree with the others though. Try and experience what you can, London is achievable on a budget if you plan in advance (cheap rail tickets, coach tickets etc). It will also give you something to break up your wait, as you will have something to look forward too. By the time a trip to London is out the way, it will be nearly time to go. :-)

I looked last night and we can do London for £100. The train is £44 for 5 of us, but I don't know if that's an offer for the next week or its just because they are reduced this close to going. They go up to £156 after that. I was looking to go in half term as its just after the half way stage of time left.

It turns out the train tickets were on off until the 22nd August, £44 instead of £156. So booked it for Sunday. So a nice surprise for the kids. Oliver (3) loves trains so he will be the happiest I think. Also booked the London Eye, although not fast track, so two hours of queuing needed :(