We are here! ! :)

English Rose

Hi all,

Just thought I would share that we are now here. Getting used to life back here. The kids are loving it so far. We are just trying to sort things out. We don't have a car as yet but we are living in a holiday home right on the foreshore and there are cafes, shops and everything we need so we are all good so far. My husband starts work next week. That will be a shock for him and me with the kids.

Leaving everyone was really hard but it didn't feel as hard as the first time round. I do feel guilty taking my children away from the grandparents. But they understand the reasons why we have moved back.

Even though it was hard leaving everyone. Now we are back i feel like it is the right move. Something just feels right this time. Watching my children laughing and playing in the park makes me happy and smile knowing they are happy. It's such a lovely place for the children.

Anyway i am babbling on but just wanted you to know if you are on this journey like us, it is so hard and not many but really worth it. Just stay positive and remember why you want to move here.

Thanks everyone

Jo

Xx

Hi there

We are living in South Perth in a holiday apartment until our shipment arrives. We will be looking at suburbs to find a rental but not sure where to move to. I need to think about schools for my daughter. x

I hope your container arrives OK, ours has finally left Singapore after being stranded for over three weeks. Need any help let us know, we are currently in Southern River but moving to Canning Vale soon.

Thanks all, even though my daughter was sick on the plane, and now has chicken pox. She is covered bless her!! Xx

Hi Jo,

Wow, can't believe you are here!! We have been here 2 weeks on Friday and just haven't stopped!! Having the two older girls and the two younger girls we have found it really hard deciding on schools and areas as we have to look at both primary and high schools and be in the catchments for any school we choose!!! Nightmare!! We finally decided yesterday after looking at another primary school and high school, so now we have to wait for a home open on Monday to hopefully secure a rental we want. Our holiday let finishes in 2 weeks-we need to find something else for another week to see us through!!!

All feeling highly stressed about it all. We also had trouble getting a car because of needing a 7 seater for all the kiddies to fit in-maybe we are just fussy and indecisive!!!

Sorry your little one was sick on the plane, I had the same with my 14 year old-she is never flying again apparently!!! So pleased that flight is over!!

I feel exactly the same as you-so pleased to be back even though I am more stressed than ever at the moment, I know it will pass once we have more sorted and have only really enjoyed a couple of days out so far as we've been so busy sorting stuff out but am loving it-loving the weather, the views, the people that are willing to do anything for you even though they don't know you and am loving Dan Murphy's!!!!

Hope you get settled soon, would love to try and catch up one day once the madness subsides!! We were south of the river on Sunday-got a catbus and had a picnic on the beach-beautiful!!!

Hope to see you soon and hear how your settling, good luck with everything

Jess xx

Don't underestimate how massive the move is, it's okay to feel stressed, we all deal with it in the way that is right for us.

Great you feel it's the right thing though. I remember the chaos, stressful when you're in it but great to look back on. Nice one folks.

I can't believe so many of us do it...migrate that is. I look back and think it's amazing so many people make such a huge decision and go through all of the stress it brings. I think we're all amazing!