Cost of putting a pool in

verystormy

Depends if you go for new or second hand.

We went for factory second unit - they get re coated just have to go with what ever sizes they have.

Ours is 7x3x1.8 deep (kidney shape) - we don't like the local baths styled shape - in the ground all the equipment is new and fully installed and it cost us $15800, the same in brand new would be around $23000.

Very good job done, all i had to do was pave around it and plant out the surrounding area with palms and regional plants (on going project).

We have gone with Sapphire Pools in Port Kennedy, and ours is only a small one as we had restrictions because of retaining walls, but is 5x3 and we got Solar Heating, and Upgrade on the pum and automatic timer thingy, pencil compaction and Fremantle Stone bullnozing, blanket, and upgrade on the roller and all sand, stone shipment and tip fees for $21,000. Right in the middle of the process now, pool is in and plumbed waiting for the pencil compacting and the solar and the bullnosing.

Guest Stu

I've asked at work about this.

A local said about $15k to $25k to install depending on the size, but add the same again for the surrounds, fencing etc

We have gone with Sapphire Pools in Port Kennedy, and ours is only a small one as we had restrictions because of retaining walls, but is 5x3 and we got Solar Heating, and Upgrade on the pum and automatic timer thingy, pencil compaction and Fremantle Stone bullnozing, blanket, and upgrade on the roller and all sand, stone shipment and tip fees for $21,000. Right in the middle of the process now, pool is in and plumbed waiting for the pencil compacting and the solar and the bullnosing.

All this rain lately you will save on water charges.

Hi guys. We are in the process of potentially buying a block and building. Question is,mwe have plenty of room but does anyone know roughly the cost of putting a pool in?

A brand new in-ground small pool starts at $35,000 according to the bloke at Buccaneer Pools. On top of this you have to pay for the fencing, pavers and landscaping.

A cheaper option - and the one we are going for - is a pre-loved fully refurbished fibreglass pool and this will cost about $16,000 plus fencing, landscaping etc..

We went to see some of these pools on display at Palm City Pools in Bibra Lake and were impressed with the sizes available and the salesman explained in detail about the process used to recoat the pools to make them look brand new. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has this type of pool and whether they would recommend this option.

The company was one of the exhibitors at a swimming pool and spa expo we went to in Perth over the summer

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread from the depths of PP! I'm seriously considering putting a pool in but was getting scared off by the thought of having to pay $30k+ for it. Have done a bit of research and I can't see any issue with putting a second hand one in if they are significantly cheaper (which they look to be).

We have a stepped garden so would be looking to put the pool on the middle 'step' and build it up so that it was level with the top step, therefore there being less sand to be removed. We could accommodate a maximum of 10m by 4m so a good size.

I've found Palm City Pools and Lagoon Pools - are there any others doing second hand?

I have just ordered a pool from Aqua Technics. Total cost of $39640. This does include all the accessories as well.

Ouch! What size does that get you? What were the accessories that you went for?

I'm hoping if we went second hand we could get one installed for $20k.... wondering if I'm living in la-la land though!

Got our pool from Riverina in Rockingham, absolute fantastic pool, easy install and great service.

Carribean Pool 9.5m x 4.1m

Extra Spa Jets in side of pool

Filter, roller, cover, coping stomes around pool

Total Cost just over $25,000

Liquid Limestone around the pool $50 per m2 Total $5,000

Pool Fence we went for metal railing type 15m long with gate $2,400

All up just over $30k for a decent sized pool that is superb.

pool1.jpg

Guest guest9824

Hi Nicolac, can't tell you how much ours cost, we inherited it, albeit we have since landscaped around existing pool. I do know they cost heaps to put in up here because of the amount of rock, upwards of $50,000 I'm told. So top tip, if you are buying I the hills and want a pool, buy one with a pool....it will save you a lot of money with rock breakers charging thousands on a daily rate.

pea

DSC_0019.jpg This is our back garden, thinking of putting the pool on the second level (10m x 4m) and making it level with the top level. So would be about 1m wall from the pool area to the bottom garden bit. No idea of the feasibility of this yet, just getting ideas at the moment as probably wouldn't be able to put it in until July/August time anyway.

General rule of thumb is pool needs to be the same distance from boundary as deep end. In our case 1.8m from fence. You can go closer but need permission. With your garden you need to take into account that the bobcat will need to be able to get easy access on the top level and park his truck nearby when digging the pool.

1.8m from the boundary isn't an issue, we weren't going to go that close anyway. The bobcat getting to the top level and a truck nearby might be the problem. The only access to the rear is through the car port which our 1.8m pajero just about squeezes through so any truck would be on the driveway as the closest and unless a bobcat can go up ramps....hmmmm!

• 2 months later...

Dragging this thread up again....

We are looking at building in the near future and considering putting in a pool at the same time. As we're building in the country we'll be getting a contractor separate to the builders to do the site works and I was thinking of getting him to quote on pool excavation as well. Are you allowed to do this or do the pool co's prefer to send in their own guys?