Christmas lunch

verystormy

My daughter and I spend a weekend deciding what to have and testing out any new recipes to see if we like them

Christmas Eve will be Paella

Xmas Day Breakfast - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Dinner (about 5pm), Sprout and Chestnut Soup, Beer and Mustard Ham, Turkey and home made stuffing. Beans with Pistachio crumb, ginger and honey Carrots, Roasties and Marscapone brandy Baskets.

Boxing Day we have friends round and we all bring left overs - in addition to that we'll make pesto prawns, Kaffir lime and lemon Salmon,

My daughter and I spend a weekend deciding what to have and testing out any new recipes to see if we like them

Christmas Eve will be Paella

Xmas Day Breakfast - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Dinner (about 5pm), Sprout and Chestnut Soup, Beer and Mustard Ham, Turkey and home made stuffing. Beans with Pistachio crumb, ginger and honey Carrots, Roasties and Marscapone brandy Baskets.

Boxing Day we have friends round and we all bring left overs - in addition to that we'll make pesto prawns, Kaffir lime and lemon Salmon,

That sounds lovely.

Cheese sarny mate and crisps, only the two of us plus 2yr old daughter......hardly seems worthwhile going to all that extravagance. [emoji6]

I'm coming to yours! The idea of fish on Christmas day is wrong on so many levels. Cheese butty, with brown sauce! I'll bring some beer, but I will pop it in the microwave first.

It is getting to that time again and I am starting to plan the big day lunch.

I will ill be doing the traditional turkey and ham. But what about everyone else? What are the special side dishes you normally do?

We will be doing a nigella brine Turkey again, and a goose crown, with a glazed coca cola ham with chives for boxing day.

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/spiced-and-superjuicy-roast-turkey

For the first time in 40 odd years I am not cooking Christmas Day and the family will all be congregating at my daughter and SIL's new place. SIL is a budding Jamie Oliver and is "surprising" us apparently, but I have been asked to bring my special home-made sausage stuffing balls, so I guess turkey will figure somewhere in the menu. Not sure how I will fill Christmas Day without all the kitchen stuff happening, but I have laid in a fair supply of "bubbles" and packed my overnight bag already as I have a feeling I might be the first one to sleep in their spare room! :biggrin: