Should we buy and bring a tumble dryer?

GreenFamily

We don't have a tumble dryer in the UK and debating weather to buy one here and ship over as we are due to arrive April and thinking it may be difficult to dry clothes over the winter months. If we were to buy one in the UK is it best to get a vented or condenser one?

We have also been looking at heated clothes airers which would be the cheaper option - has anyone experienced using them?

Sorry if this seems a strange question - stressing about so much at the moment ?

We don't have a tumble dryer in the UK and debating weather to buy one here and ship over as we are due to arrive April and thinking it may be difficult to dry clothes over the winter months. If we were to buy one in the UK is it best to get a vented or condenser one?

We have also been looking at heated clothes airers which would be the cheaper option - has anyone experienced using them?

Sorry if this seems a strange question - stressing about so much at the moment 

Many people don't use them, and they do sell them if you need one. Places often have a clothes line at the side of the house under cover. I'd wait and see what you need. You may even rent/buy a house with one fitted. If you already owned it I would bring it. But I wouldn't buy one especially. When it rains it rains hard, but you can get nice sunny winter days.

• 9 months later...

Yes, yes & in case you didn't get the other two Yes

1. it's hard to dry your clothes in the winter with no central heating

2. heating it will help warm up these cold Aussie homes.

Heated towel rail is also a good idea as it dries towels and hopefully warms bathroom/ ensuite and helps dry out the room and with the mould.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got one off Gumtree for $150. There is a guy that restores them and sells them. Old pensioner that does this for bit of extra cash.

We had ours for 3 years and it’s still going strong. You will only need it for 3 months of the year, if that.

I wouldn’t bring it from the UK due to the cost, and you can always get it second hand one on Gumtree.

Cheers

Sasha