qualifications

Hello all, can anyone tell me how I can use my NVQ level 3 in Childcare & Education in Perth please.

I know you can somehow change them to equivalent qualifications that are recognised in Australia.

I'm also a qualified Dog Groomer and a Registered Pet ID Microchip Implanter, do they call them Dog Groomers or is there another title?

Thanks in advance x

Hi Sharon you would be best trying to convert your qualifications from UK ones in to Australian ones, I think the easiest way may be to use the RPL system. In regards to implanting with microchips you will find they may not recognise your UK course, even after working in the veterinary field for many years and microchipping over 1000 animals i still had to resit the training course here. Mine was in Victoria and probably 11/12 years ago now so things may have changed as back then only vets were allowed to microchip. For WA I have found this link for you https://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Legislation/CatAct_FactSheet_MicrochipImplanters.aspx

I don't live in WA but I would say whichever career path you take you should easily get a job.

• 4 weeks later...