Welcome to the Perth Poms Forum.
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Hodgie safc

    Thread: Australian recognised Trade Certificates


    1. #1

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      16
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      Hodgie safc is offline

      Australian recognised Trade Certificates

      Hi all

      I am a time served metal fabricator (plater) by trade in the UK, I believe the equivalent in Australia is a Boilermaker. I have all my trade certs from my apprenticeship and also a TRA, however some companies in Perth are asking for Australian recognized trade certificates, but some arn't.

      1st Question Do i need to have my trade recognized by Australian authorities ??

      2nd Question If so how do I go about doing this??????

      Any help with this matter will be much appreciated

    2. #2
      thesalmons's Avatar

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Mandurah
      Posts
      46
      Liked
      10 times
      Status
      thesalmons is offline
      Hi Hodgie safc, I am a time served mech fitter and have also been thinking about getting my skills recognised.

      I also have a TRA for my pre migration skills assessment.

      From what I have seen on job advertisements on the internet some of the companies ask for an Australian recognised certificate and some dont.....so it is not necessary for all positions.

      I have inquired about getting the certificate from TRA as I hope it will help once I start looking for work, if you have already paid for the TRA as part of gaining your skilled visa it appears you will not have to pay again for the ARTC but it looks like you will have to hand in all your certs and paperwork again.......which is quite annoying as they have already seen it all before.
      Below is the reply that I received from TRA.

      Please visit our website at www.deewr.gov.au/tra -(ARTC site in gray colour) wherein you will find the ARTC application form, applicant guidelines and criteria manual. It is important you read through the information pages before you make an application. The ARTC application form must be completed electronically. After you print the application form, there will be a barcode generated which must be placed as the cover of your application. Application must be posted to address provided. You will find the list of trades that we assess also on the ARTC applicant guidelines section 2.3, page 10.

      PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IS A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT.

      (Please note: If you hold a positive migration skills assessment from TRA, it can only be used towards skilled migration. A migration assessment is not a qualification and it does not entitle you work in your designated occupation. If you have been successful assessed by TRA for the purpose of migration, your first ARTC application is free and no payment is required. Kindly quote your TRA reference number).

      Hope this helps mate.....good luck

    3. #3

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      16
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      Hodgie safc is offline
      Hi thesalmons, thanks for that information mate, really really helpful, will look into this over the next couple of days, was thinking to myself I would rather have it than not.

      thanks again

    4. #4

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Inverness
      Posts
      36
      Liked
      8 times
      Status
      Fyrish is offline
      Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie safc View Post
      Hi all

      I am a time served metal fabricator (plater) by trade in the UK, I believe the equivalent in Australia is a Boilermaker. I have all my trade certs from my apprenticeship and also a TRA, however some companies in Perth are asking for Australian recognized trade certificates, but some arn't.

      1st Question Do i need to have my trade recognized by Australian authorities ??

      2nd Question If so how do I go about doing this??????

      Any help with this matter will be much appreciated
      Hi Hodgie safc
      Just wondering if you have got anywhere with getting Australian recognised trade certificates. My hubby is also a fabricator and has a TRA and we have a 176 visa.

      Thanks

    5. #5

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      16
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      Hodgie safc is offline
      Quote Originally Posted by Fyrish View Post
      Hi Hodgie safc
      Just wondering if you have got anywhere with getting Australian recognised trade certificates. My hubby is also a fabricator and has a TRA and we have a 176 visa.

      Thanks
      Hi Fyrish

      I sent an email to the TRA Authorities and the reply I got is below :-

      Australian Recognised Trade Certificate can only be issued to an applicant who is currently residing in Australia. When you become a resident of Australia, you should provide this office with verifiable details of your current Australian address. Once Trade Recognition Australia receives this information, we will be able to process your ARTC application.

      Cant really understand why you cannot apply for the ATRC before you arrive in Oz as a lot of companies I have been in touch with are asking for it, its seems to be a catch 22 situation, cant apply for a job until you have the trade cert and cant apply for the trade cert until you are in Oz. What I was thinking of doing is posting all the information off to them so that when I land its just a case of getting in touch and having my application processed. Hope this information is helpful.

      HodgieSafc
      Fyrish likes this.

    6. #6

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      tipperary, ireland
      Posts
      48
      Liked
      0 times
      Status
      beka n anto is offline
      you can do them through usit or visa first they know all the info they are bein held over here all the time so must do them in uk too.

    7. #7

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Inverness
      Posts
      36
      Liked
      8 times
      Status
      Fyrish is offline
      Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie safc View Post
      Hi Fyrish

      I sent an email to the TRA Authorities and the reply I got is below :-

      Australian Recognised Trade Certificate can only be issued to an applicant who is currently residing in Australia. When you become a resident of Australia, you should provide this office with verifiable details of your current Australian address. Once Trade Recognition Australia receives this information, we will be able to process your ARTC application.

      Cant really understand why you cannot apply for the ATRC before you arrive in Oz as a lot of companies I have been in touch with are asking for it, its seems to be a catch 22 situation, cant apply for a job until you have the trade cert and cant apply for the trade cert until you are in Oz. What I was thinking of doing is posting all the information off to them so that when I land its just a case of getting in touch and having my application processed. Hope this information is helpful.

      HodgieSafc
      Thanks HodgieSafc

      Does seem strange as you usually need to be working to be able to secure a rental and need a rental address to apply for ATRC!

    8. #8

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      tipperary, ireland
      Posts
      48
      Liked
      0 times
      Status
      beka n anto is offline
      we were told that we could do an exam for any papers in the trades etc at an expo, maybe your thing is not covered?? i know there are loads of other exams for fitters etc even hairdressers so i dunno... you should ask the visa companies they mite be able to give u more info

     

  •