Car seats for children in Oz?

Tiggerprawns

Hi can anyone tell me what the regs are on kids car seats in Oz please?

Is it like in the UK where they have to be in a seat or a booster up the age of 11 or 12 I think? Or different kind of seat altogether?

Just trying to think about if we need to bring our car seats when we transport our stuff......

Thanks for all your help

Guest Guest6235
Hi can anyone tell me what the regs are on kids car seats in Oz please?

Is it like in the UK where they have to be in a seat or a booster up the age of 11 or 12 I think? Or different kind of seat altogether?

Just trying to think about if we need to bring our car seats when we transport our stuff......

Thanks for all your help

It's still worth bringing your UK one to get from airport to holiday let or wherever and you may end up using it for longer like we did.

we bought our one purchased in Italy, and got one off a relative once here. My youngest is still in a seat (4) but eldest is in booster (8). However when your here you will discover that nothing short of an Abrahams Tank will be enough to protect you from the idiotic driving standards of western Australia.

Guest Guest6235
we bought our one purchased in Italy, and got one off a relative once here. My youngest is still in a seat (4) but eldest is in booster (8). However when your here you will discover that nothing short of an Abrahams Tank will be enough to protect you from the idiotic driving standards of western Australia.

Must be those damn texters. I know it happened in the UK before i get snapped at, but here people can't wait to get texting at lights or whilst on the move. When we're stopped at crossroads and cars are zooming by it's amazing how many heads are bouncing up and down as they go by, probably 2 out of 3. I saw a woman the other day at Whitfords crossroads and whilst she was on the move turning right have a phone held up in front of her texting.....and a child in the back seat!! I know the news say it's an epidemic here, but when you see it happening it's frightening. The guy who crashed into the back of my wife on a straight road blamed looking down at his speedo.

Another agreement from me.

The first email I sent from Perth was to my best mate back in the UK. I said the weather was nice, the city very clean and things and that I think the men are all gay as they want to be up my backside all day (The tail gating here has to be seen to be believed).

Oh, and the ability to merge! I can never understand it, but it is like there is some sort of genetic programing that prevents West Australians being able to merge. I see all sorts of madness. The other week, I was joining the Kwinana and accelerating down the on ramp to get to 100 when the car in front got to the end of the ramp and suddenly stopped! He was treating it like a T-junction.

Last break, I dropped my wife off at work. It is about 20 minutes each way. In that space of time, I saw one car go clean over a roundabout - not a mini one, a big one with flowers and signs on it! Another lose control and suddenly veer off the road into the bush and another nearly get t-boned by pulling out without looking.

Guest Guest6235

Funny you should say that Stormy about a car losing control over a roundabout, although this was a mini one but a built up one with a kerbed edge. About 2 months back after a GREAT day out we were first in line at a roundabout down Lenore in the northern suburbs and all of a sudden we saw a car from the opposite direction come rolling and flipping across just stopping short of us by about a metre. There was just no reason why this should of happened.....apart from ridiculously bad driving, drunk or drugs.