New ivites from WA through SkillSelect

Guest Going there

Guest Going there

Hi, everyone, I am new to this forum:) Has anyone applied for WA sponsorship since July 1st? Its interesting how often WA Department of Labour will go through the EOI of new applicants.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everyone, I am new to this forum:) Has anyone applied for WA sponsorship since July 1st? Its interesting how often WA Department of Labour will go through the EOI of new applicants.

I have! I applied a few days ago, will let you know when I hear anything. I have been trying to find the answer to the same question myself.

Hi

We have put our EOI in today(for 190) and just learnt that the process is now different for WA State Sponsorship...if anyone has any information regarding how long this process takes i would love to hear.

Many Thanks

Hello,

I put my EOI in 9th July and got an email in the early hours this morning from skillselect that WA were looking at my application form and if they were interested they would contact me. Then I got a email a few hours later from WA inviting me to apply for SS.

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I put my EOI in 9th July and got an email in the early hours this morning from skillselect that WA were looking at my application form and if they were interested they would contact me. Then I got a email a few hours later from WA inviting me to apply for SS.

Hope that helps.

What field do you work in may I ask?

Well done that is fab news ACPC200. Did it come to your normal email address or on the skillselect correspondence? At least someone is getting nominated, I thought it was all a bit quiet. Maybe they are working their way through date order. Hurry up and get to the 15th July eoi.

Hello,

Hope that helps.

Thats good news for you, i am surprised, it hasnt taken that long after all. What is your occupation?

Yes, good news, all on track. My profession is primary teacher and I had 80 points. The skillselect email came to my normal address to inform me that I have correspondence and then I had to log onto skillselect to open up the attachment. The following WA invite came on my normal address. I think they work off point order. Hopefully you will hear soon!

Levi i am a fully qualified floor-finisher by trade(20 yrs exp!!)

Well what a shocker.... today we have received the invite from WA to progress from the EOI to take the test!!!

It seems fairly easy and can be done in parts as long as its re submitted in 28 days.It is to test your knowledge on WA with multiple choice answers....will keep u informed of the outcome!!!!

Levi i am a fully qualified floor-finisher by trade(20 yrs exp!!)

Well what a shocker.... today we have received the invite from WA to progress from the EOI to take the test!!!

It seems fairly easy and can be done in parts as long as its re submitted in 28 days.It is to test your knowledge on WA with multiple choice answers....will keep u informed of the outcome!!!!

What test is this? Please not yet another hurdle to jump over.

Hi Flatpack

We didn't know anything about this test either and are currently unable to log in and do it!!! You have 28 days from the date they send you an email regarding your SS to fully fill in each section and score 60% on each before you can move to submitting it for your SS. I have no idea of how in-depth this test is although it does give you a few pointers to read up on such as the tax system,education,housing,work,regional development commission,main roads,fuel-watch and department of human services!!!

On the positive side you can re-do this test as long as its in the 28 days time frame as many times as you want before submitting it...i guess its to make you aware of life in WA!!

Hi Flatpack

We didn't know anything about this test either and are currently unable to log in and do it!!! You have 28 days from the date they send you an email regarding your SS to fully fill in each section and score 60% on each before you can move to submitting it for your SS. I have no idea of how in-depth this test is although it does give you a few pointers to read up on such as the tax system,education,housing,work,regional development commission,main roads,fuel-watch and department of human services!!!

On the positive side you can re-do this test as long as its in the 28 days time frame as many times as you want before submitting it...i guess its to make you aware of life in WA!!

It'll be interesting to find out more about this test, hopefully someone will know more and post it up!

New process for State nomination

1 July 2013

The State sponsorship process has changed and Skilled Migration Western Australia at the Department of Training and Workforce Development will no longer accept direct applications for State sponsorship from 1 July 2013.

Eligible applicants will be invited to apply through the Department of Immigration and Citizenship SkillSelect system.

This will be referred to as State nomination.

The new process is as follows:

1 Submit an expression of interest to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship through the SkillSelect database.

2 The Department of Training and Workforce Development selects applicants from SkillSelect and offers an invitation to apply for State nomination.

3 If invited to apply, you will be given a unique identifier to submit an application to the Department of Training and Workforce Development.

To be considered for State nomination you must meet the current 2012-13 criteria for State sponsorship which is available on the How to apply for State nomination page.

It is anticipated that a new criteria will be implemented on 1 October 2013 for State nominations along with a new Western Australian skilled migration occupation list.

For more information on SkillSelect please visit www.skillselect.gov.au or call DIAC on 131881.

Source: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/LatestNews.aspx (on July 26, 2013)

So it looks like the test is part of this new procedure.

Hi there. We put in our EOI on July 7th and it was back with SS invite with a week. We put in our SS on Tuesday and await a response now. I did speak to a Skilled Migration Officer in London this week who said they have been going through in 2 weeks with final visas being granted within 8 weeks. Bring on the beach! We've been at this process now for 2 and half years so it can't come soon enough! Have you just put in your SS then?

Just finished the test and paid the fee!!....wonder how long we have to wait now??

Hello - I had to wait 3 days for an email which asks to print out, sign, scan and email back the agreement. Not long to wait I thought....! You should get yours soon enough.