How to apply for independant skilled migration?

Guest Zabionic

Guest Zabionic

Hi, Can anyone help!

My partner is looking to apply for independent skilled migration in plumbing (general) as has worked for over 20 years in his family business as a plumber and heating engineer (Gas, oil and LPG) Can someone please explain how we go about applying as it is rather confusing and don't want to get it wrong!

Also is the plumbing the best one to apply for or would it be gasfitter, as we are not quite sure exactly what classes as a gas fitter?

Many thanks,

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, we've just started the process (my husband whose the main applicant 'carpenter'). What we did was went to the 'down under live' for oz and new Zealand, and got in touch with a migration agent, who told us that a subclass 190 skilled visa would be better suit us. My advise is to get in touch with an agent who will do a free assessment and advise you further. You might also have to consider the ielts test (main applicant) and depends on age, qualification and skills. Hope this helps

Tanya

Agents will give you a free assessment. I have contacted a few over the years and got some good advice but if you want to apply yourself without using an agent it's not as daunting as you might think. I've applied for a 190 visa. You can find most of what you need to know on the immi.gov.au website. Good luck.