2014 June 189 visa

Nicky 1980

Hi Nicky,

We submitted our 189 visa application on the 8th June so only a couple of days after you. My husband is the main applicant as a Joiner. We've front loaded all of our documents, including PCCs and medicals, but have not yet had any contact from anyone. I'm hoping the only time I hear from my case officer will be to grant our visa (keeping everything crossed!!).

Have you front loaded everything or are you waiting until your case officer requests it?

xx

Hi everyone, I am a nurse and submitted my visa 189 application on June the 6th of this year, and was wondering if anyone submitted their visa at this time and received a case officer. As we have had no contact yet from immigration. All the best guys.

Hi

we also submitted our 189 on about 10th June. We have now had medicals and our police checks done, but haven't heard anything about a case officer.

Processing time for 189 looks like 3 months which seems pretty good :)

Hi,

we still have police checks and medicals to do yet.We used a agent who told us not to do them till they are requested but I'm itching to do them as I want my visa ASAP :-) i hope you hear something soon and good luck :-) Thanks for replying xx

Hi Nicky,

Why is your agent recommending you wait? You have to enter Australia within 1 year of the earliest of the PCC or the medical, I understand this can mean people who don't want to touch down in Oz straight away would rather wait but can't think of any reason if you're after your visa asap.

We want to make the move in October so are hoping to get the grant sooner rather than later!

I thought I'd be a nightmare with this wait but think I'm actually coping remarkably well. I have my moments of course and if I think about it too much I get nervous but I'm staying positive that it'll all come together (if I tell myself this enough I have to believe it - right??)

Hi Nicky,

We submitted our 189 visa application on the 8th June so only a couple of days after you. My husband is the main applicant as a Joiner. We've front loaded all of our documents, including PCCs and medicals, but have not yet had any contact from anyone. I'm hoping the only time I hear from my case officer will be to grant our visa (keeping everything crossed!!).

Have you front loaded everything or are you waiting until your case officer requests it?

xx

Hi, im not sure why she has asked us to wait,i can only guess its in case the case officer needs more information.It will definitely come together.I get so frustrated sometimes but have to stay positive too, i just feel my life is on hold at the moment.xx

Hi

we also submitted our 189 on about 10th June. We have now had medicals and our police checks done, but haven't heard anything about a case officer.

Processing time for 189 looks like 3 months which seems pretty good :)

Hi, 3 months that great :-) good luck with it all x

Hi, im not sure why she has asked us to wait,i can only guess its in case the case officer needs more information.It will definitely come together.I get so frustrated sometimes but have to stay positive too, i just feel my life is on hold at the moment.xx

I've been keeping myself busy with things that are contributing to our move, that way I feel as though I'm still making progress. Whether it's researching areas, jobs, childcare facilities, shipping or the cost of a fridge freezer, or having yet another clear out. I've even convinced myself that being on this forum is valid cuz I'm always finding out new things, or making a connection with others in a similar position. I also try and remind myself not to waste my last few months in the country focussing too much on the wait. I need to make the most of our time left here and want to make more happy memories to take with us :)

Staying positive is definitely the way to go xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Still not heard anything. I'm hoping to hear in the next 4 weeks.

When we had our medicals done it took nearly 2 weeks for the medical centre to upload the results. Have you checked the emedical system using your HAP ID? Have you called the medical centre to check whether they've uploaded them yet?

Still not heard anything. I'm hoping to hear in the next 4 weeks.

When we had our medicals done it took nearly 2 weeks for the medical centre to upload the results. Have you checked the emedical system using your HAP ID? Have you called the medical centre to check whether they've uploaded them yet?

Not checked the medical system but I will do, thanks. We did get a letter from the hospital saying that all the results had been sent.

im just impatient!

• 3 weeks later...
check my updated signature!!!!

in shock as cant believe how quick this has been. we are over the moon!!! (and nervous)!

NO WAY!!!! That's great news, bet you're well chuffed :-D

How did you get to find out? Was it by email in the middle of the night like I imagine? I've seem on the google visa tracker that grants had been received by June applicants so have been waking up a million times each night for the last few days and can't go back to sleep until I've checked my email lol

Anyone heard anything yet? We haven't :(

on another note - we had medicals done but they still don't show up on immi account yet. Are you guys the same?

hi scotsmemeber,

i know now you now have your visa eeeekkkk we'll done and congratulations!!!!

did you do police checks and medicals without having a case officer appointed, I'm just making a list .... For when my skills assessment has come back xx

hi Ashlenelouise

we did do our police checks and medicals first, without a case officer as that's how we read it on our application. We did get a case officer last week and they asked for year end tax docs and a certificate, which we uploaded.

That was only last Thursday maybe and one week later we have a grant. its not sunk in yet, but think it's time to celebrate!!

Hi Wild rose

we check our emails every morning when we get up and this morning, my husband was just staring at his ipad lol. not sure what time it appeared but theyve always been there by 7.30am uk time.

now the hard work begins........but it'll be worth it :)

woohoo!!!!!!!

Biggest congratulations x Yes, the hard work begins. When are you hoping to move over?

hi

we always planned to move the first half of next year, but didnt expect this all to happen as quick!

next step is to sort out the house and get it on the market, then to sell cars and some belongings and hopefully be ready to go somepoint in new year.

Suppose it all depends when we manage to get everything organised. no immediate rush (although i'll be too impatient)!

hi

we always planned to move the first half of next year, but didnt expect this all to happen as quick!

next step is to sort out the house and get it on the market, then to sell cars and some belongings and hopefully be ready to go somepoint in new year.

Suppose it all depends when we manage to get everything organised. no immediate rush (although i'll be too impatient)!

Scotsmember

Well pleased for you,have a little drink on us:wacko: enjoy the rest of the journey!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I applied for visa 189 on May, 13 2014 attached all required documents, police certificates + medical check but not contacted yet by case officer. Noting that processing time is 3 months for visa 189 and applications received on May, 08 2014 are allocated to case officers as per DIAC website.

Edited by Bali625