457 visa process time...

English Rose

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone knows, the company who are sponsoring us, have sent for approval to immigration but not heard back as yet. Once we hear back I think we are to do a form 80 if I recall. How long does it take (very roughly) to get the first initial point of approval?

i know every case is different, just feel its taking ages.

thanks all have a good day

Jo

x

Not sure what form that is, but the company that sponsored myself did everything. Once the company got approval off Oz government then process time was frighteningly fast! The immigration comapny had all our info whilst we were waiting for company approval. I had email announcing company approval then i had an email confirming my visa was granted about 7 days later!! However like most things it depends how busy they are at the time of your application.

Not sure what form that is, but the company that sponsored myself did everything. Once the company got approval off Oz government then process time was frighteningly fast! The immigration comapny had all our info whilst we were waiting for company approval. I had email announcing company approval then i had an email confirming my visa was granted about 7 days later!! However like most things it depends how busy they are at the time of your application.

thanks Plimthing, I am a little confused as they have asked for our details but not much information. Only contact details really. The company said we have sent it off just waiting for approval. Then once they have received this we have to fill out a form, then send that off and then hopefully be approved.

thanks

Jo

x

Hi Jo is it a 457 visa ??? We are near the end just waiting for approval!! My visa has been lodged.. When you say (asked for our details but not much information)They asked for everything ie driving license,birth certificate(wife and kids as well)cv,divorce certificate,marriage certificate,qualifications it has taken us since May 2014

Edited by eddownarseup

ok, so this form they are asking for is probably a huge list of questions, about all your family members and their history, health etc they will then use this to fill out your visa application. If i can do it, anyone can do it!

thanks all. Yes they sent me the link today from the immigration site to basically fill all the information out, they said they could do it but will be asking us a great deal so we might as well do it. I will do that tonight, and see if I need to get any documents certified as not sure. I presume this will then be lodged. Then I guess it's a waiting game.

from date of lodgement to my employer being approved as a sponsor took 28 days. That came back on the friday. My visa was approved on the tuesday, 4 days later! Once the employer part is approved it looks like everything else is pretty quick. We did it through an agent so they had all the information so there was no back and forth with forms for us.

good luck :)

from date of lodgement to my employer being approved as a sponsor took 28 days. That came back on the friday. My visa was approved on the tuesday, 4 days later! Once the employer part is approved it looks like everything else is pretty quick. We did it through an agent so they had all the information so there was no back and forth with forms for us.

good luck :)

Really omg that is quick I wasn't expecting that. Well I am hoping to lodge this week. Watch this space. :)

thankyou

xx

Sorry to jump on this thread with a slightly off topic query, but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread. Has anyone got any experience of an employer that's already registered to offer sponsorship (for example, WA government) offering a job with 457 sponsorship? What's the process that follows the offer?

My understanding is that the employer must apply for approval to sponsor an employee, then once that's granted you can lodge your visa application. Is that correct? Or can you lodge your application at the same time as the employer asks for approval?

And does anyone have any experience of how long that process took from job offer to visa grant? We've got medicals, police checks and all paperwork done and ready to attach at the point of application.

Cheers :)

Hi Benday!! yes we lodged our visa at the same time as the employee(two weeks ago)..The employee's agent email me this morning told us it could take anything up to 1-3 months sometimes even longer and are agent said once we have the go it takes between 1-6 weeks on this side :( We thought we would be there mid September.

Hi there... feel your pain with delays, but congrats on a job offer.

Is your employer registered as a sponsor? From what I've read here and elsewhere, that's the bit that takes time (and maybe why it's 1-3 months, then another 1-6 weeks whilst your visa/nomination happens) - the nomination and visa application process take two months according to the DIBP website but much less according to experiences posted on here.

Otherwise I'm not sure why you'd have to wait 1-6 weeks after it was granted... I thought in theory you could get on a plane tomorrow if your visa was granted today? (That's if you didn't need to pack your life up and move it around the world!)

What's your line of work, and where are you likely to be headed? :) Ben

Sorry to jump on this thread with a slightly off topic query, but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread. Has anyone got any experience of an employer that's already registered to offer sponsorship (for example, WA government) offering a job with 457 sponsorship? What's the process that follows the offer?

My understanding is that the employer must apply for approval to sponsor an employee, then once that's granted you can lodge your visa application. Is that correct? Or can you lodge your application at the same time as the employer asks for approval?

And does anyone have any experience of how long that process took from job offer to visa grant? We've got medicals, police checks and all paperwork done and ready to attach at the point of application.

Cheers :)

Hi Benday, the first time round it took us roughly 8weeks from start to finish. We did not have to do police checks of medicals. This time round it has taken the company roughly three weeks to get approval/nomination as they have sponsored people before. and I just filled out all the information last night online but not submitted it yet as I need to scan my documents over as well. Once that goes through I think it could take another month or so, really not sure. But generally what I gather with a 457 visa, if they have sponsored before it is roughly 8 weeks. I guess it depends what job you also do as well. Hope that helps sort of :)

Hi ben.

Its all a bit new to me this!!Last year had a mate I worked with.

He went to Oz got a job as a flying mechanic with a big company who deals with camper vans

he's only 24 so got in Oz pretty easy . I'm bit different as I have 3 kids and a wife

cut long story short we sold up ie house car bikes and are pretty much living out of boxes

we bought a smaller house for cash which I will rent out when in Oz(help with rent over there)

the time scale is only what my agent and his agent have told me

I'm a mechanic and will be based in Perth

They do say its pretty hard going working on a 457 visa with a family

and thanks for the congrats

My Business Nomination has been approved after just 3 weeks..happy days..We are using uni experss for container its costing £1180(plus Oz fees)I've rented a 7.5 truck next thursday to move my house and going to pack the container myself which should save me bit cash

Oz fees are ??? i think

Fremantle port charges AUD 580.00 approx (depends on shipping line)

Transport to our warehouse including empty de-hire AUD 435.00

Container unpacking AUD 500.00

Quarantine inspection fees AUD 139.00

Customs clearance AUD 350.00

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

I have a 12 month contract as a university lecturer starting form 1st of August. My sponsor nominated me on 16/7 and the it was approved the next day 17/7! I applied for the visa on 30th of July. Very fast indeed!

Now, it is exactly one month and I still do not have the visa. The case officer is allocated, I was asked to fill out form 80 and I have completed medical exam last week 25/08. So:

1. Does anybody know if the medical exam is the last step in visa 457 process?

2. Do you think it is useful if you describe my situation to the case officer (explaining that my contract has already started?!)

I am really stressed! It is only a 12 months contract and I don't want to lose 3 months of it waiting for visa!

Thanks,

Hello Everybody,

I have a 12 month contract as a university lecturer starting form 1st of August. My sponsor nominated me on 16/7 and the it was approved the next day 17/7! I applied for the visa on 30th of July. Very fast indeed!

Now, it is exactly one month and I still do not have the visa. The case officer is allocated, I was asked to fill out form 80 and I have completed medical exam last week 25/08. So:

1. Does anybody know if the medical exam is the last step in visa 457 process?

2. Do you think it is useful if you describe my situation to the case officer (explaining that my contract has already started?!)

I am really stressed! It is only a 12 months contract and I don't want to lose 3 months of it waiting for visa!

Thanks,

Hi Carryme, what is the form 80? We have only lodged online, but not been asked to do this form.

thanks

Jo

Hi Carryme, what is the form 80? We have only lodged online, but not been asked to do this form.

thanks

Jo

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

English Rose,

your case officer will request you to do this form when they are allocated your application. however you can print it off and fill it in before and it may take a while to fill it in as they ask for some detailed information!

and each person on the application needs to fill one in!

J x

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

English Rose,

your case officer will request you to do this form when they are allocated your application. however you can print it off and fill it in before and it may take a while to fill it in as they ask for some detailed information!

and each person on the application needs to fill one in!

J x

Thanks for this very helpful. I guess we have quite a wait then as not been allocated a case officer yet. Thanks again. Jo.x