I'm in the UK, struggling to get a visa, what about this option?

rpakey

Hi Friends

Out of interest, I am exploring whether to buy an Oz business (might be established, probably more likely a new one) then using that business (that I would own) to sponsor me to be able to get into Oz

I am being told that this is possible as long as I have skills (management/business development) which I have

Does ANYONE have any experience of this, or know any more about it?

I have a few agents, most say it is not possible, 1 says it is do-able

I'm confused!

If I can help anyone at all with any questions about anything, feel free to ask

Hi rpakey,

We are currently going through the process on a 188 Visa (business).

Not sure that its the same as what you are describing though?? We have businesses in the UK and we have submitted a business plan to start one of those in Perth. You have to have a proven track record, ie high percentage of share of ownership. length of time operated and a fairly high annual turnover.

I am no expert on any of the Aus visas but I believe that the problem with your strategy is that the company you buy would have to be approved by WA to be a sponsor first?? I don't believe its a given that just because you own it you have automatic visa rights. But if I'm wrong, someone who knows will soon correct me.

Good luck

Hi rpakey,

We are currently going through the process on a 188 Visa (business).

Not sure that its the same as what you are describing though?? We have businesses in the UK and we have submitted a business plan to start one of those in Perth. You have to have a proven track record, ie high percentage of share of ownership. length of time operated and a fairly high annual turnover.

I am no expert on any of the Aus visas but I believe that the problem with your strategy is that the company you buy would have to be approved by WA to be a sponsor first?? I don't believe its a given that just because you own it you have automatic visa rights. But if I'm wrong, someone who knows will soon correct me.

Good luck

Yes, thank you for your reply, it certainly would be great to find someone to give a definitive answer, as it seems my thinking would be a bit too simple!?