Info about the 189 visa please

Ashlenelouise

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could help with my situation ...

I have sent off my skills assessment - just getting my things certified for my registration .. Then send that off

how ever I am unhappy with my recent work commitments .. Just wondered if you need current job details for 189 or if a previous job details will suffice ... ?

Edited by Ashlenelouise

Guest Guest13452

That depends on how many points you're claiming for your employment in your current profession. The number of years you worked will determine how many points you get.

Hi,

All the points I'm claiming for have come from my previous employement. In fact this process started for us after I was made redundant. I did something unrelated for a while and I've now come back to IT, but its my understanding nothing will change or be asked for about my new job. That is providing you have 8 years in the past 10, relevant experience, I think.

G

Are you just moving wards? Your current employer is the NHS, not the ward you work for from a HR point of view.

For example, I have just taken 9 months maternity leave, and got the full maternity package despite only being in my team for 9 months, the reason I got the full package is because I have been in employment with the NHS for 8years. That is what they count, not your place of work but the company you worked for. Same as you could work in the planning department for the local council, for 6 years and then move to the finance department for 6 months, but you never left the council, who are your employers.

Does that make sense? So if you stay on good terms with your old boss, you could ask him/her to write your reference, on the basis they have known you longer x

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could help with my situation ...

I have sent off my skills assessment - just getting my things certified for my registration .. Then send that off

how ever I hate my job I'm in now .. I work 14 hours a day and dont even get a break a glass of water or even a wee break ... I very rarely finish on time usually minimum of an hour after I should of gone home , I get no support from senior members of staff and majority of the current staff who feel like this are leaving ... Now I have applied for a new job but I'm just wondering if when you apply for your visa ... I'm currently hoping for a 189 .. Do you need more evidence from your current employer ?

As as I would of probably only been at my new job a couple of months when I send off my EOI... I have all my payslips etc already saved from my current job xx

Hi,

This might sound as if I am being a bit weird but I was just going to say, with having a picture on your profile you should watch what you say about your employer on websites. You never know who is going to see it!