Midwives - application help

JenPen

Hello All

I hope you can help.....

Before my computer died I had found a PDF which was a breakdown of what AHPRA wanted from the educational institutions - it had in detail on one of the tick boxes about continuity of care....does anyone have this or a link to it - no amount of searching is bringing it up :wacko:

Thanks in advance if you can help x

• 2 weeks later...

This is the one I'm struggling to prove with them. They want in depth evidence of 10 continuity cases whilst in training. I think EU requires documentation of 3, which means very few UK universities will have the documentation to prove the 10 unless you actually did it and asked them to keep a record of it.

This is the joyful email I received...

"Your documentation in regards to criteria 5 has been reviewed. Unfortunately you have not provided sufficient information to satisfy the professional midwifery experiences.

The letter from your university is not clear enough to confirm you have completed the required number of experiences. Did you complete 10 continuity of care experiences (COCE) as part of your education? Ideally you should provide document to support this, as we are aware that the UK education system only requires a minimum of 3 COCE.

Unfortunately work history cannot be taken into account; we require substantial evidence of the professional midwifery experiences completed in your education."

when end I sent in a complaint... I got this..,

"I understand your frustration, however it is in your best interest that we request further information from you. If we progress your application to the Nursing and Midwifery Board for review and there is a criterion which is unclear it would not be favourable to your application.

Usually, an education provider will submit a letter which is mapped against our professional midwifery experiences to confirm the number that you completed. However, I understand that you are unable to provide any further information. I will prepare your application for consideration by the Nursing and Midwifery Board and advise you when it has progressed."

I've tried arguing that any education provider from the UK has done this, I've pulled my hair out and sworn lots. I've given up and am just drinking loads of wine and stuffing my face. My uni won't provide anything else.

3 months supervision if I'm lucky and if I do the log book and prove my continuity experiences post reg that I have at this point, then they take them into account and will remove the restriction on my registration.

My feeling for AHPRA are probably obvious but just in case you haven't clicked... THEY ARE USELESS AND I HATE THEM

I absolutely hope to god I get to sort this part it's driving me mad!! Xx I hope yours gets sorted too! Thank you so much for sharing! Have you done everything else (tapatalk can't see siggys) and just waiting on AHPRA? Xx

Edited by JenPen

I'm already in Oz, I'm in the pool for a job I want, been reassured they will issue contract once I have ahpra! Heard through their manager they expect all UK midwives to start on supervision now (and most other internationals for that matter!). They will be reducing overseas employment as they can't support them plus all the students at the same time

Aaaaah thanks lovely! The quicker I get there the better then! Fx your ahpra gets approved asap so you can crack on x

Oh my goodness. This doesn't fill me with joy. Makes me wonder if topping up to my degree with the hope of applying for next year is even going to pay off. I feel so sorry for you all much further down the application road then I am.

Best of luck

Claire

Hi Matt&beck, I'm totally feeling your pain at the minute. AHPRA have sent me an email saying they need proof of my EU directives which were submitted when I completed my degree. I' ve contacted uni and they said they no longer have that paperwork. They understand that I had to complete it to qualify therefore they are hopefully going to provide some kind of statement to back up my application. I qualified at UCLAN where did you study? Soooo frustrating!!! But at least were you are the sun is shining.:biggrin:

Oh my god!

I am about to embark on APHRA Hell!

I went in front of the Magistrates today to get my DOC's all stamped and stated " true copies of the orignal bal bla bla crap"

What a load of crock exactly. I hate them and I have not even started.

I am well please thought, my uni came up trumps with the old criteria 8 section for Nurses and provided me with a simple but hopefully effective statement. My fingers are crossed.

Hoping to get in the post by the end of this week or early next.

Good luck with it all JENPEN and MATT&BECK

Bit worrying what M&B said about the supervision etc, it is ridiculous.

I hoping that for once my age and experience may go in my favor and benefit rather than against me when looking for jobs. AAAHHHHHH

Lauren what docs did you get certified I know there's a list etc but it's variable....what did you get done? I'm doing mine tomorrow and don't want to panic or forget stuff I was suppose to sort it all today but my son is rudely off preschool with a tummy bug.....! Xx

Hi Jenpen, this is what I got certified.

birth cert

marriage cert

passport

drivers licence & photocard

ielts cert

nmc registration

uni transcripts

school & college certs

any other further training certs

Ahpra also said that I had to get my identification certs re Certified by a notary public, after a magistrate had signed all the others. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem? & make sure uni send info regarding student practice (eu directives) because that the latest thing to hold up my application.:wacko: My hair is getting thinner by the day!!!

Hope this helps. Xx

It does thank you so much! I've had to cancel my appt as can't find some stuff (teaches me for moving and allowing OH to pack everything up...!) great haha! Will sort asap - not heard about notary having to sign as well - how annoying!! Xx FX it gets granted asap for you

Lauren what docs did you get certified I know there's a list etc but it's variable....what did you get done? I'm doing mine tomorrow and don't want to panic or forget stuff I was suppose to sort it all today but my son is rudely off preschool with a tummy bug.....! Xx

Hi Jen,

In total it was 43 A4 pieces of paper!

Took the Court liaison officer an hr to stamp it all! Think I held up the case in after me!

Interesting experience being in a court room, I had to stand in the witness box and swear an oath!

I did,

Passport

marriage cert

Birth cert

IELTS score.

Work professional employment statements x 3 or 4 each

Uni transcript

UNI statement of award.

Diploma cert

ENB certif

original statement of entry + Current statement of entry and expiry date.

Iv therapy cert

Flying squad work training cert

ILS cert

ALS cert

Work procedures competency form

ECG scope evidence

BM monitoring cert

post reg study cert x2

UNi statement re Criteria 8- Pharmacology/pharmacokinetics, medication management etc

UNI statement re external accredicated course ( also sent direct to aphra)

BMJ learning modules x4 ( stuff to show CPD when working on ships for 3 years)

CPD modules x4 from ships

Radiography cert from ships

refresher radiography from ships

Work departmental teaching cert ( as eg of teaching stuff at work)

Much more crap in there than required. But I feel that they are very vague as to what to include, re cpd and certificates, so i decided to put in a mix of stuff as examples.

Hope it helps.

I am going to an event re OZ nursing in Birmingham this sun 8th, hoping to gain a bit more info re APHRA/jobs etc there and then if I am happy i have everything , I will stick in the post Monday if poss.

Hope your little one better.

I had the same with mt self assessment tax return in Jan, I had planned a whole day with both in Nursery to get it bliszted in one day ( ambitious) but for the first time ever at the age of 3.5 years the eldest goit sick and came home and i then spent the rest of the day in a walk in centre, tax return not getting done!

Thank you so much Lauren you are also a super star - that helps so much, stuff in there that I didn't think of so actually I am pleased that you have both listed it and that you put extra stuff in - I think I will do all this too - I mean they can't have too much info now can they haha! It seems like such a massive hurdle - I will get absolutely everything sorted and send it all off - I am not at work that much over the next month - lots of A/L to take so this should help me get lots of stuff done yaaaay!! Thanks again I really appreciate you detailing everything you did!

Not looking forward to going to court and having to stand in witness box haha how daunting indeed! :wacko: hope all goes well this weekend! xx