Anxiety taking over!!

Cliomarie

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading PP since May 2013, have followed so many of your journeys but never thought of posting as always just relied on finding everything to reassure me in all the threads! But I feel like I am going crazy! Please say I am not the only one that actually is having physical panic and anxiety symptoms waiting for news of my CO and any further Info needed. After being in limbo for so so long and the pressure of being main applicant, every step of the way I have been so nervous from IELTS to now waiting to be called for medicals and their outcome (completely bonkers and irrational fears). My OH who wants this so bad is so chilled and believes what will be will be and all is good, why am I feeling like this?!!! My mum keeps saying I have to do this (I really want this!!) but she thinks we will be back, and my fam do not understand how I could leave them and take only grandson/nephew etc. I sometimes feel like they don't get me and it's impossible to feel confident in my decision at the mo, even though we LOVE Australia and spent last year there and my husband and son (and me) were the happiest we have ever been, even though I missed fam.

We were in work accomadation previously so this time we are on our own abit more, and have to start from scratch, especially as I only have a diploma in Nursing so have to start again ahhhhhhh!!! If our visas are granted we are on the first plane after my sisters wedding in Sept (currently living in a caravan in freezing Cornwall WAITING!!)

what's worrying me is I am having random panic attack feelings and worry worry worry about the medicals (fit and healthy so as I say not founded!) I check my email ten times a day although it's way too early to hear I think, am even working Healthcare assistant shifts with the nursing agency I am working for simply because I can't think of anything but visas and oz and feel like my brain a fuzzy fuzz!! Am I the only one??!!!! Ok think that's everything I have been meaning to write all week!

Look forward to hearing some of your wise words perth poms! Xx

Edited by Cliomarie

You are going thought what most of us did.It is hard and you will miss your family i still after 11 months have bad days.

You are going to a lovely place and given your family a lovely out door life.

I can relate to everything you are saying.

Aww I know how you feel. My anxiety is really bad at the moment. We are hoping to leave in 4 weeks but it's all been very rushed which probably doesn't help. I have never been to Oz before but still feel quite confident that we are making the right decision for us. I do feel very guilty though taking our little boy away and I think it's the actual goodbyes (or see you later as I like to say) which are causing the anxiety. I'm sure everyone has times like this and it's all part and parcel of the journey to move to the other side of the world! Hope you feel better soon xx

Aww I know how you feel. My anxiety is really bad at the moment. We are hoping to leave in 4 weeks but it's all been very rushed which probably doesn't help. I have never been to Oz before but still feel quite confident that we are making the right decision for us. I do feel very guilty though taking our little boy away and I think it's the actual goodbyes (or see you later as I like to say) which are causing the anxiety. I'm sure everyone has times like this and it's all part and parcel of the journey to move to the other side of the world! Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you so much for your reply, it's funny hearing I'm not alone makes me feel so much better! I read my Oh my entry and he said I sound like a nut Job! He thinks I'm attracting us negative energy and cannot understand how I am letting myself get Ill...... I don't want to be feeling like this!!! Keep calm and carry on!! Thank goodness I am a nurse and can talk myself through my panic attacks otherwise he would most Definately think I've lost the plot !

I am a confident women, and all is well (mantra mantra mantra!)

wow mrs Kelly you are very brave, where are you moving to? I loved Australia so much I miss indo much and cannot wait.... Come on case officer! X

I'm a nurse too so That can help but believe me I still think I'm crazy!! Haha anxiety is the worst because there's very little you can do to make it go away. My husband works away so I have literally done it all on my own! Best be bloody worth it! My job is at Fiona Stanley hospital but we are looking at the secret harbour area to rent. I have found every one is so supportive on here and on the Facebook page. I have received some lovely messages of support from people I don't even know which makes me feel really positive. I suppose we have to keep reminding ourselves that in the end we will probably only regret the chances we didn't take in our lives :) I'm here if you want to chat anytime xx

The thing is, I'm not sure many don't obtain a visa. I'd love to know the numbers anyway.

As long as you're not close to death, your job is on the SOL/CSOL, you can pay and there are no dark and sinister skeletons in your closet you're probably guaranteed a visa, it's just a waiting game.

Before you know it you'll get your approval, rush around planning the move, land in Perth and look back and realise there's a whole heap of things you didn't do before you left.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I were in your shoes I'd tell myself the visa is in the bag and start enjoying what's around me. Start your UK bucket list and tick off all those things before you leave.

The thing is, I'm not sure many don't obtain a visa. I'd love to know the numbers anyway.

As long as you're not close to death, your job is on the SOL/CSOL, you can pay and there are no dark and sinister skeletons in your closet you're probably guaranteed a visa, it's just a waiting game.

Before you know it you'll get your approval, rush around planning the move, land in Perth and look back and realise there's a whole heap of things you didn't do before you left.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I were in your shoes I'd tell myself the visa is in the bag and start enjoying what's around me. Start your UK bucket list and tick off all those things before you leave.

Hi, sorry to butt in, I'm new to this dream and still doing my research. You mentioned you can still apply under the SCOL - is this possible if you wish to obtain a permanent residency or does it have to be SOL? I'm a retail buyer and it comes under the CSOL umberella...my partner an elctrician but also an ebeam engineer ( he currently maintains the electron beams that sterilise the NHS procedure packs ( Rocialle) you may be familiar...

We are hoping something will come up in the latter field for him because in the UK, there are very little engineers with knowledge on how to run these machines...

good luck by the way and hope you get your visa soon.

Edited by Sunsine not rain
Typing tooo fast

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading PP since May 2013, have followed so many of your journeys but never thought of posting as always just relied on finding everything to reassure me in all the threads! But I feel like I am going crazy! Please say I am not the only one that actually is having physical panic and anxiety symptoms waiting for news of my CO and any further Info needed. After being in limbo for so so long and the pressure of being main applicant, every step of the way I have been so nervous from IELTS to now waiting to be called for medicals and their outcome (completely bonkers and irrational fears). My OH who wants this so bad is so chilled and believes what will be will be and all is good, why am I feeling like this?!!! My mum keeps saying I have to do this (I really want this!!) but she thinks we will be back, and my fam do not understand how I could leave them and take only grandson/nephew etc. I sometimes feel like they don't get me and it's impossible to feel confident in my decision at the mo, even though we LOVE Australia and spent last year there and my husband and son (and me) were the happiest we have ever been, even though I missed fam.

We were in work accomadation previously so this time we are on our own abit more, and have to start from scratch, especially as I only have a diploma in Nursing so have to start again ahhhhhhh!!! If our visas are granted we are on the first plane after my sisters wedding in Sept (currently living in a caravan in freezing Cornwall WAITING!!)

what's worrying me is I am having random panic attack feelings and worry worry worry about the medicals (fit and healthy so as I say not founded!) I check my email ten times a day although it's way too early to hear I think, am even working Healthcare assistant shifts with the nursing agency I am working for simply because I can't think of anything but visas and oz and feel like my brain a fuzzy fuzz!! Am I the only one??!!!! Ok think that's everything I have been meaning to write all week!

Look forward to hearing some of your wise words perth poms! Xx

sounds very normal to me and quite refreshing to read. I was convinced my medical was going to fail on something I didn't know about, but there is no reason for that eventuality!

Anyway just got through the process myself. You are in the home straight, but it doesn't feel like it yet!

I've answered my own question again...please ignore that part!

I can apply under the 190 visa :-)

But as I understand it, if you apply for a role on the CSOL then you need to have an employment contract and that's as commonplace as Abbott making a valuable contribution to anything but his own interests.

I'm a nurse too so That can help but believe me I still think I'm crazy!! Haha anxiety is the worst because there's very little you can do to make it go away. My husband works away so I have literally done it all on my own! Best be bloody worth it! My job is at Fiona Stanley hospital but we are looking at the secret harbour area to rent. I have found every one is so supportive on here and on the Facebook page. I have received some lovely messages of support from people I don't even know which makes me feel really positive. I suppose we have to keep reminding ourselves that in the end we will probably only regret the chances we didn't take in our lives :) I'm here if you want to chat anytime xx

Thank you so much for your kind words.. It is so Lovly to hear from you :-) My husband works away a lot too so I know how tough that can be, think it has a lot to do with how emotional I get sometimes! I have always been a worrier but these random panics that come out of nowhere can do one!

It will be so worth it... I am under no illusions about the tough bits but for me the lifestyle far outweighs all of them so far and I have to keep remembering how lucky we are to get this opportunity. I love perth Pom and it is so good to know the support is there.

Wishing you all the best and hope you love it as much as i do.. Especially if your little boy as busy as mine... They can just run free! Good luck with everything x

Edited by Cliomarie

Portlaunay!! One of my faves from the ridiculously long but entertaining and informative akasully thread ;-)

thank you... Your post put things Into perspective for a little while again, got to keep reading it! I read your reply to OH... Who said if we were in a pub he would buy you a beer for saying exactly what he does all the time! But also I asked him what was on his UK bucket list and his only reply was to get on a plane to oz by October... Think he over it! (South African who thinks our countries weather is just not normal)

but I will be making the most of the things I love, today the sun was shining and walk on the beach beautiful, before joining the really really long lidl cue of grumpy chilly people of whom no one seemed very happy! Every day little things affirm my choice, but I am still going to take your advice and savour it all, and as soon as medicals out the way I am going to enjoy every single minute, ridiculous I know but this one ain't going away!!

Nearly one month of waiting down now!

Ooh I have no idea? I don't even know what the SCOL list is (do I?! ) but why don't you ask an agent who will probably let you know your options with no charge (atleast mine did- I think it's normal) once you have given them all your info. I'm sure your husband is on SOL if he electrician. My agent amazing can't recommend her enough if you wanted to contact her.

sounds very normal to me and quite refreshing to read. I was convinced my medical was going to fail on something I didn't know about, but there is no reason for that eventuality!

Anyway just got through the process myself. You are in the home straight, but it doesn't feel like it yet!

Thank you that is so good to hear! I am diagnosing myself with everything I know which is ridiculous and not doing me any favours... Can't stop it... Am trying but can't, so that's why I want them done! Home straight home straight! Panic attacks make no sense to me...and can't believe they are happening as often as they are.. Never been very good at symptoms that aren't physical so this giving me a whole new understanding of my patients who have serious anxiety!

Next to the death of a partner, moving house is way up on the list of things that cause stress ... add moving to the other side of the world and is it any wonder we all had a wobble more than once on the journey. It really is the most stressful time, full of uncertainty until you get the email saying you got the visa, temporary relief before the stress of "OMG it's really going to happen" sets in and we start making a hundred and one lists.

You really aren't alone and using the forum to get some reassurance (as well as testing Aussie wine), is a godsend.

xx

im getting really anxious about our medicals, i have had pain in my back / arm / shoulder since January, doctor says he thinks its a slipped disc, i have an x ray booked in for Wednesday, and i need to book in for physio, the first doctor i saw twice said it was stress, the third time i went back and saw a difference doctor and hes arranged and x ray.

on the positive side we have been looking at houses this morning and getting very excited !!!

@Cliomarie, really pleased you have found my thread helpful and entertaining! As for anxiety...been the done that. Still doing it, but that's because we are now buying our first house in Oz. I am a worrier, anxiety is part of my make up. I remember saying to my sister that I didn't like change and craved security. She then asked why I was moving to Oz then, where I knew no one and we had no jobs to go to. Good questions, more anxieties. What you are feeling is normal. If you don't feel anxious about this big change, then you must be odd. Medicals...we are all healthy but shat myself in the build up to them. Had to pinch ourselves as we walked out from the clinic, basically having got the all clear.

I started another thread which lead on from this one, which dealt more with my experiences of getting ready to leave. That was full of anxieties, if I remember correctly. Where that went to, I have no idea. Not even sure what I called it. Maybe @portlaunay can help me with that one. Threads are like those torpedo sinking toys used in swimming pools. You can see them easily all the time someone is using them but quickly fade out of sight when left alone for a while.

im getting really anxious about our medicals, i have had pain in my back / arm / shoulder since January, doctor says he thinks its a slipped disc, i have an x ray booked in for Wednesday, and i need to book in for physio, the first doctor i saw twice said it was stress, the third time i went back and saw a difference doctor and hes arranged and x ray.

on the positive side we have been looking at houses this morning and getting very excited !!!

hi Jo , is it Jo?!! Do you have yours booked yet?!! I am recognising all your Lovly names from previous posts and thank you for taking the time to write , it seems if we are basically ok an not going to cost too much money then we should pass! I am fit and healthy but such a worrier that I have convinced myself they will find something! OH thinks I'm nuts so keep it to myself but funnily happy to share with you guys.! I have lost a lot if my family to the dreaded word that I shall not mention ... so my fears aren't completely irrational... Its the medicals that have just magnified them, But know I have to stop before I attract what I'm worrying about if that makes sense! I am working on it :-)

Hope all well for you Wednesday and it gets sorted quickly x I know I am always on the real estate web site... All that space!! Cannot wait, especially as we are currently in a cold caravan in a field! Atleast the sun has been shining beautifully the past few days xx

Next to the death of a partner, moving house is way up on the list of things that cause stress ... add moving to the other side of the world and is it any wonder we all had a wobble more than once on the journey. It really is the most stressful time, full of uncertainty until you get the email saying you got the visa, temporary relief before the stress of "OMG it's really going to happen" sets in and we start making a hundred and one lists.

You really aren't alone and using the forum to get some reassurance (as well as testing Aussie wine), is a godsend.

xx

Thank you Ali, I really feel so much better checking in to PP... Definately therapy!! We have moved around so much that I know my feelings are an accumulation of so many things... I want more than anything to be settles as we have had such a busy time and so much on since our son was born three years ago! Still a while to go but atleast when our visas are granted then I know we are off and can start to enjoy it all abit more (see I said when not if?!!)

i know it is going to be a challenge but we are a strong little family and I know we will be ok. I think I read you are a MH nurse? I am normally so in control, my friends always come to me for support, so it's been tough to have this anxiety showing itself with the physical symptoms... Although today there were two moments where I began to have panicky feelings but quickly kicked their butts... So getting somewhere! I checked the calendar again today to check how many days down we were since submission aahhhhhhhh!! Xxx

@Cliomarie, really pleased you have found my thread helpful and entertaining! As for anxiety...been the done that. Still doing it, but that's because we are now buying our first house in Oz. I am a worrier, anxiety is part of my make up. I remember saying to my sister that I didn't like change and craved security. She then asked why I was moving to Oz then, where I knew no one and we had no jobs to go to. Good questions, more anxieties. What you are feeling is normal. If you don't feel anxious about this big change, then you must be odd. Medicals...we are all healthy but shat myself in the build up to them. Had to pinch ourselves as we walked out from the clinic, basically having got the all clear.

I started another thread which lead on from this one, which dealt more with my experiences of getting ready to leave. That was full of anxieties, if I remember correctly. Where that went to, I have no idea. Not even sure what I called it. Maybe @portlaunay can help me with that one. Threads are like those torpedo sinking toys used in swimming pools. You can see them easily all the time someone is using them but quickly fade out of sight when left alone for a while.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Akasully2 viewpost-right.png

@Cliomarie, @portlaunay, found it!! This is the thread I was talking about that followed on from my thread, 'Moving to Perth, so many questions'. I have seen it myself for ages. When I get a minute I should read through it to see just how far we have come in 10 months. As I said, this may help you see that anxiety is all part of the process but perfectly normal too. Good luck.

Just found it. It is called, 'Count down to launch date'.

I bumped it, so it should be easily available, if anyone wishes to read it. I started to look through it last night and got to page 14 before I had to go to sleep. It was fascinating to read my own account of those final days of leaving and those first days of arriving. I had tears in my eyes. I had forgotten a lot of it and it made me realise that we have achieved so much and settled so well. I also now realise that I was being too hard on myself and expected to feel instantly happy but instead just felt overwhelmed and flat. however, with the support I got on here, it made it easier. I wondered where many of the people who chatted to me at the time, have gone. Will interesting to find out.

The above, is the comment I made in response to this thread.

I replied late last night but actually put it under the wrong thread. Posted on the thread I was talking about. Does that make sense? Anyway, copied it and stuck it on the right thread. Phew. Must not post late at night, too sleepy.

Cliomarie,

Don't worry, I could have written that post!

I have been really unwell the last week and I am sure it's due to being run down and stress.

I am in the same boat as you Diploma Nurse. I didn't apply to APHRA earlier,( as I have already lived and worked in oz and been registered, so did not see it being a a problem this time round) as we know our process was going to take a while as we had a baby in middle of all this, so i saw no point in applying if not heading over for a while. Big mistake in hindsight, as i would have been granted on the old rules. That said, I have my fingers crossed that as I have worked in Oz previously, if may still be ok. I ahve been advised to apply on a different application form AGEN-40 I think it is.

So If you have worked as a nurse in Oz it may be the same for you. I am hoping they will refer me for a BRIDGING course ( not great, but better than rushing to get a degree done) I have my fingers crossed, otherwise it's back to uni for me when we get to OZ!

Let me know if you are in the same boat and I will fill u in on what I know so far on the bridging course etc. I have submitted my APHRA now. So the clock is ticking.

WE are heading out End of AUG potentially ( with no jobs lined up, so you are very much not alone!)

Lauren xx

Originally Posted by Akasully2

@Cliomarie, @portlaunay, found it!! This is the thread I was talking about that followed on from my thread, 'Moving to Perth, so many questions'. I have seen it myself for ages. When I get a minute I should read through it to see just how far we have come in 10 months. As I said, this may help you see that anxiety is all part of the process but perfectly normal too. Good luck.

Just found it. It is called, 'Count down to launch date'.

I bumped it, so it should be easily available, if anyone wishes to read it. I started to look through it last night and got to page 14 before I had to go to sleep. It was fascinating to read my own account of those final days of leaving and those first days of arriving. I had tears in my eyes. I had forgotten a lot of it and it made me realise that we have achieved so much and settled so well. I also now realise that I was being too hard on myself and expected to feel instantly happy but instead just felt overwhelmed and flat. however, with the support I got on here, it made it easier. I wondered where many of the people who chatted to me at the time, have gone. Will interesting to find out.

The above, is the comment I made in response to this thread.

I replied late last night but actually put it under the wrong thread. Posted on the thread I was talking about. Does that make sense? Anyway, copied it and stuck it on the right thread. Phew. Must not post late at night, too sleepy.

Hi akasully! Just spent ages writing back to you and then it disappeared! Originally posted reply in other thread hope you found it, but thank you for taking the time to do that, I have spent many a night shift on here, checking in with everyone's news. And thanks for Sharing that with me,. My husband completely the opposite to me in that he actually gets pretty fed up with my worrying and although like you I have always been anxious.... Definately at a peak at the mo! Have a conversation in my head of worry worry worry then give yourself a slap girl as really this is not a problem and I have so much to be thankful for. Had a big wobble today thinking what the bh are we doing movin over there with no fam, but probably had something to do with the sucky day I have had.... Lost a diamond from my engagement ring followed by my mechanic telling me I should scrap my car as it not worth the work..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrthink the stability thing rings true with me too.... Just stability in sunshine please! Having spent the last ten months in oz then movig back to a tin house in the rain does put a little dampened on spirits and this Definately a test of my ability to put a positive spin on things. Really am so happy for all of you out there, it's great to hear how well you all sound, I am Definately going to stay on here when we move over as I think then too will need to know I'm not on my own! Love Clio x

Cliomarie,

Don't worry, I could have written that post!

I have been really unwell the last week and I am sure it's due to being run down and stress.

I am in the same boat as you Diploma Nurse. I didn't apply to APHRA earlier,( as I have already lived and worked in oz and been registered, so did not see it being a a problem this time round) as we know our process was going to take a while as we had a baby in middle of all this, so i saw no point in applying if not heading over for a while. Big mistake in hindsight, as i would have been granted on the old rules. That said, I have my fingers crossed that as I have worked in Oz previously, if may still be ok. I ahve been advised to apply on a different application form AGEN-40 I think it is.

So If you have worked as a nurse in Oz it may be the same for you. I am hoping they will refer me for a BRIDGING course ( not great, but better than rushing to get a degree done) I have my fingers crossed, otherwise it's back to uni for me when we get to OZ!

Let me know if you are in the same boat and I will fill u in on what I know so far on the bridging course etc. I have submitted my APHRA now. So the clock is ticking.

WE are heading out End of AUG potentially ( with no jobs lined up, so you are very much not alone!)

Lauren xx

Hi Lauren,

i know sometimes I read other peoples posts and think.....yep! So many Lovly replies from everyone so thanks and I hope you feeling a bit better?....Does not help having smalls that need you too even I when you are unwell. We really would like anther baby but gain it's waiting for the medicals as obviously I can't b pregnant. I should have had another baby whilst in oz the amount of time this whole process has taken.. So many ups and downs! I haven't worked in oz as a nurse though as we went out on my husbands job so I just looked after our little boy and got a little admin job. Regarding my career I honestly have no idea what I am going to do... I have to get the visa out of the way and then think..... I am not ready to give up nursing but at the same time I know that I can't put too much pressure on myself, especially as would like another baby (my son is 3).

it seems a very odd rule and I'm only thanking my stars that I can still use my diploma to get my visa... Seems nuts though as I have been a nurse for 8 years. I had friends that were soon oz degrees in nursing and they had only minimal time in practice, most learnt in the classroom, but it is what is . We are coming out end of sept/ early oct WHEN we get visas! I am freaking out but also very bloomin excited and looking forward to our next family adventure! Let us know what you hear from AHPRA ... And good luck!

Have you thought about what you will do if they don't refer you to bridging course? X