186 Employer nomination Police Checks confusion ????????

leedsey

Hi all. Looking for some advice. me and my family have lived in Perth for 3 years now and are going for 186 ENS Permanent Residency.Case worker has asked us to do a UK police check for all of us yet we have never left Australia in the 3 years that we have been here. . My sons are 19 and 17 (16 and 14 when we left UK). do they need to do a police check as well as i am a bit confused.

Is 16 the age for Police checks ?

and as they weren't 16 in the UK do they need one ?

Do we need to do one as we haven't been back or left oz in the last 3 years ??

some people have said no we don't but some say just get them.We don't have an issue getting them but at same time don't want to waste the money !!!!!

• 1 month later...
Police clearances are usually not required for 457 visa applications, but often are for the permanent residency stage.

Good luck!

Hi Alan, I am applying for 187 visa. I have resided in the USA from 1994 to 1998 but never been back there since 1998 (17 years ago). Do I still need police clearance from the USA?

It may have changed, but it used to be a PC from any country you had lived for a year or more in the last 10 years and it used to be from 16. Do check if you're also required to do a police check for you all for Aus too.