Are things on hold until 1st July for 189's too?!!

Cliomarie

Hi everyone,

We have submitted medicals and PCCs through agent last week and thought the end was close! But she has emailed to say she won't be expecting a grant now until 1st July at least as things have slowed right down. I have read this the case with other visa sub classes but just wondered if anyone has had a grant recently or is in the same boat!

Look forward to hearing from you :-)

hi cliomarie

we are in the exact same position as you guys, we have handed all the documentation in in May and have been told last week that we're probably going to have to wait till July now!

it defiantly is frustrating and like you say another month we have to wait

I'm hoping it fly's by for us all!

Hi mnaylor,

its good to know I not alone! There a thread on pomsinoz for people that submitted their visa apps in feb and there a few of us in the same boat, I am not worried as such, more that I'm reluctant to do any planning/ booking until we get that email!

Keep us posted :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Millie...... No!!! I am up at 6 for work and first thing I've done is check emails again. I feel like a nutcase! We had correspondence from CO last week requesting biodata pages of my current and previous passport as clarification of my names which no ones ever heard of so another thing to worry over! Can only think it's because I have been to oz with my maiden name previously. What about u any news??? Did u submit in feb too? Anyway I will let u know the minute I hear anything, good luck!!!

Quick question? Any word of your visa yet? Still no word our end x

Nooooooooooo!!!! A big fat nooooooo!!! Can I take this any longer??!!! Ha as if I have a choice!! It's 8am and I've checked my emails 4 times in the last 2 hours... Going out now and leaving phone at home so I can have a bit of a life until tomorrow morning same time!! This is a nightmare.... Even my ridiculously chilled husband is getting close to the edge hehe..... Keep me posted! Have a great day x

Nooooooooooo!!!! A big fat nooooooo!!! Can I take this any longer??!!! Ha as if I have a choice!! It's 8am and I've checked my emails 4 times in the last 2 hours... Going out now and leaving phone at home so I can have a bit of a life until tomorrow morning same time!! This is a nightmare.... Even my ridiculously chilled husband is getting close to the edge hehe..... Keep me posted! Have a great day x

Well you'll be happy to hear we are the exact same as you guys. It's taking so long we have doubts all the time that something is wrong and they will be changing the criteria in July. We are driving ourselves nuts. We feel the time process is taking the good out of it as all it's doing is making us more stressed. Would be nice to have had some for of contact, so your lucky to have at least at that x

If it's any consolation for you guys, we've all been in the same situation (well I have!)

On one of the facebook groups I follow a lady was granted her visa this morning so it's still happening. I think they were on some sort of industrial strike for the past 2 weeks which will not have helped thimgs. That ended on Friday and with the 1st being Wed, I predict good things for you all :) xx

Thanks for update. I wonder how long that lady had been waiting for her visa do you know? Great news they still being issued. Roll on the 1st July xx

On one of the facebook groups I follow a lady was granted her visa this morning so it's still happening. I think they were on some sort of industrial strike for the past 2 weeks which will not have helped thimgs. That ended on Friday and with the 1st being Wed, I predict good things for you all :) xx

Thanks for update. I wonder how long that lady had been waiting for her visa do you know? Great news they still being issued. Roll on the 1st July xx

Sorry hun, no idea how long she waited since EOI went in, all she said is she's been at this for 1.5yrs. One of the agents on the site predicts that a lot of visa's will have been stamped and they are just waiting for the 1st and they will all come flying through. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Our 457 went in Thurs - don't think we'll be so lucky on the 1st , will be a bit longer for us I think xx

Hey i have been following this post, I too am waiting for the golden ticket. I wasted no time this morning and eagerly logged onto my emails, as soon as I woke up. I got no email this morning, how did you guys get on???

:cute:

None here eithe - think I am going to try ringing them tomorrow.....