Moving to oz

ashba1

Hi everyone.

Myself and partner are just beginning our process to move to Australia from Scotland, UK.

We are moving with our two young children who are 9 months old and 4 years old. Can anyone share their experience when moving with kids and how easy it is to get them registered for school once in Australia!

My partner is a stonemason so I am hoping that we won't have any problems being approved for a visa. Also is it compulsory to sit the IELTS or is this just a points booster?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I cant help with schools as we don't have children, but I am sure one of our members will comment further - possibly tomorrow now as it is late evening there.

ILETS is not required for British passport holders as a requirement, however, the majority of applicants do need to take it for points.

Stonemason is on the better of the two occupation lists known as the SOL, which means he is potentially able to gain a 189 visa - the best of all visas. He will need to undertake a skills assessment before you do any formal applications or lodge and EOI. It is also very important that you calculate points accurately as an over claim of points can result in a refusal, which is a very expensive mistake.

I would also suggest you look at availability for jobs. The main job site is seek.com.au

Thank you so much!! We have hired an Agent and are meeting with him next week to go over everything. It's just so reassuring reading everyone's stories on here.

Thanks again for your response

Hi. School is easy enough. Once you sign for a rental, the school for that catchment are obliged to take your children, regardless of whether they are full or not. Catchment areas are quite big so bear this in mind if you need to walk to school. Make sure you have the kids red books handy, the school will need a copy of these at enrolment for their immunisation register. Good luck!

Yeah I have checked that thanks. The whole process seems quite overwhelming but we are so keen to get over. I hope it goes as smoothly as it possibly can. Thanks again 

The process is a bit painful, but with the right attitude and perseverance it will be worth it! Just be organized with documents (save lots of scans!) and you'll be prepared for various requests of information!