Visa Application

HANCOX FAMILY

Hi All, need help if possible please. :)

We have been invited to apply for our visa! Which were ecstatic about! Anyhow, we have gone through the process of opening up an immi account, paid the funds required and uploaded all my certificates, evidence etc (well, what I could as only allowed 60 documents)

I have booked the families medicals and sent off for mine and the wife's police check, and this I believe is the last two pieces of the puzzle before I submit it.

(We have until November to do this but It shall be done before this)

Anyway, my wife seems to think we have previously read somewhere that you have to wait for your case officer before you book your medicals or police checks... I'm not sure if this is true or not?

Can anyone who has recently been through this shed any light?

People do front load their medicals and police checks however it can reduce the time that you have to validate your visa (make your first entry). When the visa is granted - you have a year from the date of your police check or medical - whichever was the earliest. EG. Medical is earliest and done on October 1st 2016 - visa granted in February ... you will then have until October 1st 2017 to make your first entry to Aus and validate your visa.

It used to be that immigration told you to wait for a case office, even then, people still front loaded, I don't think it makes an enormous amount of difference to how soon you get your visa grant, but it can reduce the validation period quite considerably .. depending how long it's taking for visa's to be granted

I was so glad I started to arrange my medicals and police checks before we got a Co as when we were assigned one they gave us a 3wk deadline to have police check and medicals in. We were really lucky as the visa application went in by Friday (the deadline they gave us) and by the Tuesday our visa was granted! Since then it's been a full on roller coaster ride. We leave hot Oz in just under 2 months x

I was so glad I started to arrange my medicals and police checks before we got a Co as when we were assigned one they gave us a 3wk deadline to have police check and medicals in. We were really lucky as the visa application went in by Friday (the deadline they gave us) and by the Tuesday our visa was granted! Since then it's been a full on roller coaster ride. We leave hot Oz in just under 2 months x

Wow thats quick!

So Did you submit the form/application on your immi account before you had taken the medical/police check then?

I'm just wondering whether to do the same... We have our medicals booked for this Thursday!! :)

Our agents did all the form submitting. Once our eoi was accepted they advised it would take a few weeks to be assigned a Co so started to get our medical forms sorted so we could book our medicals, sent us form 80s as they might be requested (and were). We also looked in to what was needed for our police checks. We filled out police checks and then our Co was confirmed - this gave us 3 weeks deadline (I panicked as how was I going to organise medicals for 2 adults and 3 children during term time) luckily we got an appointment the day after the holidays started which was a week before deadline! My police check arrived quickly buy my husbands took a week longer! Form 80''s were a pain!!

Our agent told us we should hear within 8 weeks as that was the average time frame - we got a huge shock and now it's getting so real as we will be there in less than 8weeks!!

Fingers crossed yours happens quickly too.

No I never completed a form1221. We were really pleased but now there's so much to do! The girls (9, 6 & 1) are excited but I think the nerves are also setting in - having to find new friends etc.

We're moving to tapping (north of perth) as my brother lives there. Then the work really starts - trying to find jobs etc.

Hopefully you'll be asigned a Co soon.

No I never completed a form1221. We were really pleased but now there's so much to do! The girls (9, 6 & 1) are excited but I think the nerves are also setting in - having to find new friends etc.

We're moving to tapping (north of perth) as my brother lives there. Then the work really starts - trying to find jobs etc.

Hopefully you'll be asigned a Co soon.

No way! I have friends that live in Tapping, and thats the area we are looking at, along with Ashby to start with then hopefully work our way to the coast.

Thank you, Yeah as soon as we've had medicals were going to submit our Forms... fingers crossed the Co will be assigned quickly :)

Hope all works out for you!

Thanks - we're looking at moving upto alkamos as my brother has just put his deposit doen on land/house and its just 10mins walk from the beach!

Keep us posted and we might see you around if you end up in tapping or at a Perth poms meet up!

Yes we arrive on 24th October and will be staying with the in laws in tapping till we decide where to go. Kids enrolled at tapping primary, they start on 31st October.

Hi, how did you go about enrolling your children in primary school? I thought you had to prove you lived in the catchment area - or is that only for high school? I'll have one of each.

I contacted the local school to my brothers (where we'll be staying) & they said you can fill in application but need to take proof if address for catchment area before they will inrole. That means we'll have to wait until we move out and can then take a letter from bank or something as proof (with our address on) - rentals would be able to take tenancy doc.

good luck x

I've emailed the head and he said I can complete the application forms but they'll not be given a place until I show proof that we are living in the catchment area. There seems to be spaces for the year groups I need.

I'm going to let them have a couple of weeks to settle in so they'll probably just go to school for the last week before the end of term.