Welcome to the Perth Poms Forum.

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Status

Paying for visa, no credit card

Is there a way around this?

My visa debit limit is 5000 the cost of my visa is 5800 approx (1 secondary applicant and 4 children) my daily limit is 7000

Can I pay in 2 seperate transactions?
      Or is their a pre paid credit card with a higher limit I can load with the funds to pay this?

TIA

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Title
      Liked
      93 times
      Status
      We paid by bank transfer but that was to our agent, are you paying direct? Do they not accept transfer? Could you contact your bank explain the situation and extend your debit limit as a one off?
      Decided to move Nov 15, skills assessment submitted engineers australia 29 Jan 16, Hubby IELTS passed 20 Feb 16, positive Skills assessment with Engineers Australia end Apr 16. EOI Submitted 11 June, Invitation to apply beginning July. Application submitted 11th July CO assigned after 3 weeks. House up for sale 6th Aug. Police checks back 10 Aug Meds booked 17th Aug. Visas granted 13th Sept, house sold 26th October. Landed 11th January '17

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      Doing it directly ourselves. Unfortunately I don't think bank transfer is accepted. I have a visa card and the limit cannot exceed 5k as per visa guidelines. Like I can spend 7k a day just not in one single transaction. It's a major pain. I'm currently trying to find a prepaid Mastercard to use. But there are so many out there I'm afraid of getting duped

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by reubensmam View Post
      Doing it directly ourselves. Unfortunately I don't think bank transfer is accepted. I have a visa card and the limit cannot exceed 5k as per visa guidelines. Like I can spend 7k a day just not in one single transaction. It's a major pain. I'm currently trying to find a prepaid Mastercard to use. But there are so many out there I'm afraid of getting duped

Can't you ask the bank to increase the limit only for this transaction? Same thing happened to me and what I did was checked with the bank and deposited the balance to my credit card account and did the transaction. It went through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      I don't hold a credit card and am reluctant to get one. My visa debit has done me just fine for years and years. It's this single payment that I need one for. I have gotten sorted with a prepaid mastercard. I will load the money onto that and then pay that way

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Status
      Quote Originally Posted by reubensmam View Post
      I don't hold a credit card and am reluctant to get one. My visa debit has done me just fine for years and years. It's this single payment that I need one for. I have gotten sorted with a prepaid mastercard. I will load the money onto that and then pay that way

Oh ok I missed the part the you have a debit card! Sorry.. hope all goes well...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Status
      Thanks

Title
      Liked
      1257 times
      Status
      How about conracting card company offer to pay the 7k on card then pay for the visa? The card company can then see u have thunds. Worth a go

•