New Premier has written to Prime Minister requesting Perth be removed from Regional

I never actually understood why Perth was included in the RSMS regions in the first place and I totally agree with him. Regional WA is massive and the needs of skilled workers, whatever they are, was never under question, but why include Perth metropolitan area in that? Well done McGowan I say on this.

However, I actually think he should be talking about the amount of 457 visas that are granted. Over 10 years ago when I worked in the overseas recruitment/migration arena for a government department, we were not allowed to recruit anyone on a 457 visa unless we could prove that we had advertised within the whole of Australia and had no-one qualified to even apply for the role. Anyone who knows about the HR rules within government will know that meant the positions were advertised throughout the country and recruitment processes and interviews had to have taken place and were documented and proven before any approval to apply for a 457 could even be signed off on at local level. So how come the whole issue of 457 visas being granted now so easily is not looked at in greater depth?

I never actually understood why Perth was included in the RSMS regions in the first place and I totally agree with him. Regional WA is massive and the needs of skilled workers, whatever they are, was never under question, but why include Perth metropolitan area in that? Well done McGowan I say on this.

However, I actually think he should be talking about the amount of 457 visas that are granted. Over 10 years ago when I worked in the overseas recruitment/migration arena for a government department, we were not allowed to recruit anyone on a 457 visa unless we could prove that we had advertised within the whole of Australia and had no-one qualified to even apply for the role. Anyone who knows about the HR rules within government will know that meant the positions were advertised throughout the country and recruitment processes and interviews had to have taken place and were documented and proven before any approval to apply for a 457 could even be signed off on at local level. So how come the whole issue of 457 visas being granted now so easily is not looked at in greater depth?

I would also look at the loop hole of state sponsorship and not living in the state for the initial 2 years unless you can prove you've not been able to get work.

I would also look at the loop hole of state sponsorship and not living in the state for the initial 2 years unless you can prove you've not been able to get work.

Yes I agree with you on that. There doesn't appear to be any checks on where people live once they have their visa if it is state sponsored, and I have always thought that was weird.