Help! just lodged application for 187 visa (perth)

koreanbrotha

I have lodged nomination and 187 application successfully and granted bridging visa and issued medicare card.

however, because of the advertisement issue I couldn't complete RCB before 187 visa been suspended. I was about to lodge RCB application but they close everything.

would that be the huge problem in the future when they re open website for RCB and apply for it?

Edited by koreanbrotha

I was about to before lodging nomination and actual application but just realized that I need to post advertisement more than 3 weeks (market testing). so I decided to wait another 1 week to fullfil their requirements and just applied for nomination and visa application at the same time. then this thing happen to me. I don't know what to do! should I wait until further notice or just cancel 187 visa and apply for 457 instead. recently lodged nomination and application(2nd of march)

Edited by koreanbrotha

I can not give you specific advice, as I do not know anything about your position, occupation, employer etc. You may want to sit back and see what happens with regards to Skilled Migration WA, although presently they have no instruction from the new Govt.

You may wish to consider lodging a 4 yr 457 in the interim if the occupation is consistent with the CSOL? Then if your 187 is refused and your 457 has been approved you may not have a problem with S48!

Speak to your Migration Agent for further advice specific to your case and your current visa status.

My gut instinct is that you have wasted $3600, but you never know you may be lucky and they may reopen it, depending on the Govt, both Federal and State. Put it this way, I would not have lodged a visa at this time without RCB!

I was about to before lodging nomination and actual application but just realized that I need to post advertisement more than 3 weeks (market testing). so I decided to wait another 1 week to fullfil their requirements and just applied for nomination and visa application at the same time. then this thing happen to me. I don't know what to do! should I wait until further notice or just cancel 187 visa and apply for 457 instead. recently lodged nomination and application(2nd of march)

I am a full time Dentist works in 20mins away from perth cbd. lodged nomination and application on 2nd of march. I was about to apply for RCB after election day.. I contacted my MA yesterday and she said I can wait couple more weeks and see how this situation changes. she mentioned that there are some actions are raised by migration agent association that we may apply visa application without RCB only for the people who are in the same boat like my case. I am not sure if this is true or not.

So did you or your Migration Agent lodge your application??? I am sure if they are MARA registered they will know what they are doing and have a strategy for your case.

Presumably she has also recommended lodging a 457 to keep you safe and protect you from S48 bar if this fails? Wouldnt be surprised if dentist comes off CSOL 1st July

What visa are you currently on?

at the moment I am on Bridging A visa. I can still apply for either 457 or graduation visa. My MA explained that we might need to cancel 187 visa application and apply for 457 instead. I have to make a decision before May otherwise I can't apply for graduation visa. I am just waiting for further announcement from state gov

Sorry I am confused, what is your worry? It sounds as if your agent has a plan of action for you! You should take the advice of your agent! As mentioned in my previous reply, no one on a forum can give you specific advice as we do not know the full circumstances of your application, immigration status, visa history etc. However, did your agent lodge your 187 without RCB application or is this something you did on your own against their advice? If so, I suggest you speak with your agent! 457 may be better for your than 485 though as you may have the opportunity of transitioning to PR after 2 years! Also as previously mentioned there are rumours that dentist may be removed from CSOL, but I must stress this is only a rumour and I can not validate the truth in it!!!

Good luck

Edited by New Life Down Under