Activate 176 visa

Guest djj

Hi,

We were very happy to receive our WA visa approval in July 2012.

The visa we have (me, my wife and my 1 year old daughter) is the Skilled Sponsored VE 176 type.

It states we have to be in the country no later that the 31st March 2013 to activate the visa.

The simple question is: Do all three of us need to enter WA to activate the visa/s or can it just be the primary applicant?

One thread I read stated it needs to be all parties but I just wanted to make sure that is actually the case.

Many thanks

djj

Hi,

Thought as much but thanks for confirming.

I assume the visa activation is simply the stamp placed on your passport/s upon entry into WA?

Thanks again for your quick response and all the best for your Aussie adventure!

Regards

djj

Thank you all for your responses - much appreciated.

We are heading to Perth in February (all three of us!!) so look forward to getting our visa's activated which will be the first step in out new life in Perth.

Best wishes to all who are heading over there - have fun and enjoy!

Kind regards

djj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Was looking at some information on the WA Migration website and noticed this: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Newlyarrivedskilledmigrants.aspx

Is this something new that you have to carry out upon arrival into WA? Do not remember seeing anything in the paperwork when you have your visa granted.

Also it asks for "a copy of your signed State sponsorship agreement" - not quite sure what this is, I have my visa grant notice and grant notification or does it refer to the initial State Sponsorship Approval Letter?

Has anyone been to the office in Perth and carried this out?

Regards

djj