Transferring cash!

LoopyLauren

So, Is there a lot of differences between the main companies, when it comes to transferring cash?

Looking at Money corp, Halo etc etc......

Not got the time or effort required to research every aspect on this LOOONNGGGGGG route to perth.

Can I just pick one and not been fleeced!

Lauren

So sorry to but in on thread @LoopyLauren … but is money corp a bank ? or do you need to set up bank first ? Sorry , always wonder how you go about sending cash over etc ..

Just brill that youre at the stage where you thinking of sending cash over !!! yippee !

Moneycorp is an alternative to using your bank for sending money overseas - it's usually much cheaper to use a company like Moneycorp for your money transfers to or from Australia. You will get a good exchange rate and being a Perth Poms member you won't have to pay any transfer fees on any of your transactions.

Further information can be read here - http://www.perthpoms.com/index.php?pageid=currency-exchange

Feel free to private message me, can always arrange a chat to go through anything.

Thanks

John

I used Moneycorp, probably because of this site and Poms In Oz. I researched a few, some I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, do you're own research before you choose but I didn't find any negative comments about Moneycorp. They gave us a great rate compared to high street banks and about the same as other Forex companies.

I'm a typical Yorkshireman, I say as I see, all positives with them.

I settled on HIFX, sooooo easy once set up, from UK to Aus and from Aus to UK! Tried them all over the years but settled on HIFX, sent the same amount of cash from the UK to Aus using TorFX & HiFX, HiFX landed a few days ahead of TorFX and I got a better rate.

Call me stupid if u want, but I've just realised that u get a better rate the more money u transfer! So I've been transferring £10000 at a time with Moneycorp, whereas if I'd have just transferred the whole lot of our money I'd have got a better rate and several hundred dollars more!!

I only did it like that because there is a daily limit with my bank on how much I can transfer!