My poor baby

verystormy

Me and my little dog were attacked last night by two bull mastiffs. The owners didn't even apologise. He was lucky to live. He is going to be in the vets for days.

the police were worse than useless. The ranger has been good but says the owners are likely to get nothing more than a slapped wrist and there will be no action against the dogs - even though the ranger thinks it is a matter of time they do something far worse and we are unlikely to get anything towards vet bills. They report they deal with these every day just in mandurah. Beware you are coming to / living in a land with a lot of scum and a police force worse than incompetent

image.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry to hear that mate. Did you get any photos of the perps? There's a Perth WA Crime reports FB page that's pretty good at circulating this kind of stuff. If you see them again I'd see if you can get some photos or a good description and post them on there for others to watch out for.

Where did it happen?

Guest Guest6235

That's horrible VS, hope your dog heals well & has no lingering ill effects. Our old family dog who passed away several years back now was attacked on a field by a bull mastiff whilst my Mum walked her. The owner was there but did nothing and our dog looked in a similar state to yours having had loads of stitches etc. I slept downstairs with her for a few nights as she was shaking like a leaf. There are scum everywhere.

Edited by Guest6235

The neighbours across the road from us took their dog for a walk and then as they went into their own garden a dog came from nowhere and attacked their dog, the rangers were called and got statements from us we then found out this dog had attacked twice before and after the 3rd attack it was put down, the owners of the dog had to pay $500.00 vet bills, so something can be done if the dogs can be identified. I hope you find the culprits and justice is done. Good luck and sorry to hear this story.

He is recovering. But the vets didn't think at first he would make it - he has had this injury all the way around him. Even his willy.

Luckily he is very fit, which is probably what has saved him

The rangers have identified the owner. She is likely to receive a $50 fine. Even though I was attacked as well - puncture wounds to my left hand and some injuries to my right arm. My wife had to fight off the other one. The two were each larger than a rotti.

This is the conversation I had with the police (after a 20 minute wait to get hold of them and little kids on the beach that would be about to walk up to the dogs:

Police, how cam we help

We have just been attacked by two massive dogs running wild and attacking anything that moves.

Oh, is that it. Just call the rangers in the morning

I then informed them exactly what I thought of them

I will be applying for a firearms license and obtaining a shotgun as it seems I am on my own to protect my family.

My little dog - he only weighs 4 Kg was in the mouth of one of these dogs and been shaken like a rag when I jumped on it and pulled my dog from it.

The owners came and simply said "it doesn't look badly hurt and don't think we are paying the vet bills". The ranger reports this is the common / normal way and she sees at least two of these a day.

I wouldn't drop it either. Call the cops tomorrow and ask to speak to the most senior officer. Let him/her know that you're underwhelmed to say the least and the next conversation you'll be having will be with the Nine newsdesk and you'll be naming them personally as the least competent.

I have to say, whilst the circumstances were different, the cops who attended after our break in couldn't have been more helpful so they're not all bad. Did you get a crime number for insurance purposes? If not, I'd be pushing for that as your insurer may insist on it.

@verystormy that's absolutely shocking and I'm even more shocked the police are simply not interested. I think we should start a campaign to stop this sort of thing. How about a petition and raising it to the attention of local and State politicians? The people who allowed their dogs to do this shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. There's a politician just for the Police I believe....

I'm so sorry to hear of this what a terrible thing to happen to you and your defenceless little dog, what scum they are and the police are not much better either by the sounds of it. What has to happen before those evil dogs are destroyed it could quite easily have been a child and I dread to think what they will do next. I wish you both a speedy recovery, take care get well soon :smile2:

Hi Stormy

Lets hope he recovers quickly. It must have been horrific and scary for you and your little dog. There are some very irresponsible owners out there I have met one on Secret Harbour Beach and got a mouthful of cheek from him and it was his fault. Lets hope that the police/ranger will eventually be able to do something.

Get better soon little chi chi wishing you a speedy recovery love and licks from Ebbz x

Shocking! I hope both you and you little dog get better soon.

I don't know if it's the same here but when my Mum's dog was attacked in the UK the police weren't able to do anything beacuse it was a dog on dog attack. They can only press charges if it's dog on human. However they were extremely helpful and sent community officer to have stern word with the owner. The response from WA police is quite frankly appalling.

I agree with the others and go via the ranger - they do seem to have reasonable authority.