What a week!

<Dan>

Well, we landed a week tomorrow, at about 2:30pm and boy have we been busy.

Tuesday: Mad panic to pack up and clean house in time for the taxi.

Wednesday: Aeroplane followed by another Aeroplane....

Thursday: Still on an Aeroplane, but land after a delay. Get mobile phone sim cards. Get Hire Car, go to B&B, back to Hire Car place to pick up the rest of our stuff and back to B&B.

Friday: Sorted out Medicare, Tax File Number, Centrelink started.

Saturday: Booked some viewings and bought a car, then went for a BBQ at a mates house.

Sunday: Not a lot, things we shut so went shopping.

Monday: Viewing of some shocking houses. Meeting at High School, sign Jack up (pending documents)

Tuesday: Viewing at an amazing and huge house, then some other okish houses. Put offer in on amazing house which was down from $680pw (I think) to $560pw. We put in an offer of $540pw and waited to hear back as the owner lives in Singapore.

Wednesday: Had offer accepted at $545pw. Went to a Garage to ask for job, told the guy who they thought was going, didn't. Gave me the name of another Garage, but they were trying to put me off so no luck there. Enrolled Sophie in to Primary School.

Thursday: Ordering Fridge and TV in the morning then signing on rental at 3pm. Get keys there and then, although going to move in on Friday. So Thursday is a shopping day as the size of the house we have is MASSIVE and we have hardly any furniture when it does arrive.

We didn't sleep to well last night as the house (We have once we have signed) is absolutely amazing compared to all others viewed and none of us wanted to miss out. Sadly our container was delayed by almost three weeks so is running behind. We will be in our house with nothing on Friday, so tomorrow will be expensive!

Thanks Jess' date='

Now trying to figure out phone lines, broadband which is sooooo sloooooooowwwwwwwww here 256kbps, im used to 120mbps and TVs[/quote']

Thats when you can actually get it. We're with the utterly terrible iiNet and ours dropped off completely last week. It's taken them a week to get someone to look at it.

Its a WA thing :(

I 'Was' looking to join them....

Well don't let me put you off. The service was okay until last week, a few drop offs here and there, some very slow speeds during high traffic but last week it died.

I think the measure of a company is how their service holds up when they get it wrong and sadly iiNet have failed for us. Once they've reconnected us we'll be looking for a new isp. There's plenty of choice out there.

Just a short note,

Not been on much as been busy sorting out things.

Our container docked on Saturday, got an email to say we could have delivery on Thursday, then they emailed to say a cancellation, can do Wednesday. So today is Wednesday.

Had an interview yesterday, not really an interview, more of walking say hello ask me how much I want and say he will call me. But on way home got a phone call from an online job I applied for asking to meet me today in a pub to chat, which is good as its more what im after.

And also today,I forgot to buy a mattress for our youngest for when his bed arrives, so off to Ikea at some point.

Oh and today is also Foxtel install day...

I will be back on later! (Hopefully)

Im knackard,

Oliver woke up at 3 so I didnt get to sleep until 5 ,up at 6, container arrived at 7am.

Loads checked by AQIS although what they did who knows. My tools and box weren't even checked and the boxes they did had things like a wicker basket and candles in to which they didnt notice!

Most of the stuff is unpacked now, some building to do tomorrow and a few bits to buy then were all good.

We have been here two weeks tomorrow afternoon. Sophie starts school tomorrow and I a waiting to hear back for a job in which I met they guy down Nicholson's which is an odd and laid back interview.

Foxtel installed and my god, what a load of rubbish is on Aus TV. Im hoping its just because we don't know when things we know are on.

Anyway, wine to be drank and then OUR BED finally after 8 weeks.

We landed on our feet with a nice rental in Canning Vale, right between the two schools for our kids. Price was I think* $680 but reduced it to $560, took our offer of $545. I thought having no job they would want 4 months or so rent upfront, but they didnt. AFAIK they didnt even do any checks on us.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we landed 4 weeks ago this afternoon.

The job side of it sorted itself out. The guy who I wanted to work for who was the guy who took on an Aussie decided he like my attitude and gave me the job yesterday. Sorted out our driving licences etc.

So now all settled in with everything sorted out. Now just need to sort out what we are doing for Christmas.