Let is snow, let is snow, let is snow.

verystormy

It has arrived!!! We have about half an inch, but expecting up to 6 inches by end of the night (it is about 7:30pm at the moment and coming down fast).

The he village looks stunning. The street lights are very old fashioned and with them and the little cottages it looks something like a Christmas card. I will take some pics in the morning. Hoping we might get enough to close the road out of the village and a day at home :)

Pretty pics @verystormy.... I love the snow when it is falling and crisp and crunchy when you walk on it. The last winter we lived in Sussex (1990/91), we had so much snow and were actually snowed in for 3 days. The 1 in 5 hill we lived on was impassable - the kids' school couldn't open - snow was about a foot deep in places and had blown up against the front door to a height of 3ft! I opened the front door and ended up with a hall full of snow! But we had heaps of fun outside making snowmen, snowball fights etc. And then it started to thaw, turn grey and slushy, and I was totally over it!

It started when I was on my way home from Leeds and I was worried about getting back into the village as it has a reputation for heavy snow falls and although the farmers clear the road - dairy farms, so need to get the milk out, they wouldn't do it till morning. But got in just before it might hve been too bad.

We didn't really get the slush as we had it for a couple of days, then a very warm night with rain and it was all gone over night. Hoping now we might get a white Christmas!