Visa Granted

HANCOX FAMILY

Hi All,

We got the news we were waiting for..... Visa's Granted!! Probably one of the most stressful experiences we've had! lol Particularly that bloody IELTS! oh well we got there!!

Now to start saving ready for the move! I just hope things pick up and change economically very soon though!

Congratulations!!! We received ours a couple of weeks back. It's a great feeling, excited and nervous at the same time.

Do do you know where you are looking to move to?

Congratulations!!! We received ours a couple of weeks back. It's a great feeling, excited and nervous at the same time.

Do do you know where you are looking to move to?

Thank you! well done to you too! It is definitely exciting and nervous times!

We have friends north of the river in Tapping and Kingsley, so we are looking up north. But the area all depends on money to be honest. Although i'm a plumber by trade i'm not sure if I can base our lifestyle on plumbers wages to start as from what i am seeing it may be a struggle to get into the trade immediately, so may be labouring or what ever to get by.

However, we do like Jindalee!

Have you any areas you were looking to move too? and when are you thinking of going?

Thank you! well done to you too! It is definitely exciting and nervous times!

We have friends north of the river in Tapping and Kingsley, so we are looking up north. But the area all depends on money to be honest. Although i'm a plumber by trade i'm not sure if I can base our lifestyle on plumbers wages to start as from what i am seeing it may be a struggle to get into the trade immediately, so may be labouring or what ever to get by.

However, we do like Jindalee!

Have you any areas you were looking to move too? and when are you thinking of going?

Ahh we are heading in the opposite direction down south, my husbands family live in Secret Harbour, they emigrated 10 years back so pretty settled now. We are looking around Lakelands, which is near to them. Probably looking to go around May depending on whether we have sold out house. My husband is a civil engineer/quantity surveyor, think jobs in his area are pretty hard to come by too at the mo. See what happens in the next few months.

Do do you have kids? We've got one daughter who is 15 in March so looking into the schools/exams etc at the mo.

Ahh we are heading in the opposite direction down south, my husbands family live in Secret Harbour, they emigrated 10 years back so pretty settled now. We are looking around Lakelands, which is near to them. Probably looking to go around May depending on whether we have sold out house. My husband is a civil engineer/quantity surveyor, think jobs in his area are pretty hard to come by too at the mo. See what happens in the next few months.

Do do you have kids? We've got one daughter who is 15 in March so looking into the schools/exams etc at the mo.

That will be nice. Especially to have some family with you!

Yeah we have kids, we've got a son that is 6 and a daughter that is 3.. we haven't got to worry to much about exams yet...

Let's just hope things start to change soon on the job front over there for us, this is our main worry at the minute

That will be nice. Especially to have some family with you!

Yeah we have kids, we've got a son that is 6 and a daughter that is 3.. we haven't got to worry to much about exams yet...

Let's just hope things start to change soon on the job front over there for us, this is our main worry at the minute

Yes nice to have some support when we land, however I will be leaving all my family behind which is super hard. I'm 35 partners 39, and whilst my parents are only in their 60's I will still worry about them constantly as they age.

Aw you have little ones, hopefully they will settle easily being younger. Our daughter is really excited about going, I just hope she settles in school and makes friends ok, bit harder when your a teenager going through the 'Kevin and Perry' stage!!!

Yes fingers crossed jobs will improve. I'm hoping we make enough from our house sale to tide us over for a few months. Well that's my plan. When are you looking to go?

Yes nice to have some support when we land, however I will be leaving all my family behind which is super hard. I'm 35 partners 39, and whilst my parents are only in their 60's I will still worry about them constantly as they age.

Aw you have little ones, hopefully they will settle easily being younger. Our daughter is really excited about going, I just hope she settles in school and makes friends ok, bit harder when your a teenager going through the 'Kevin and Perry' stage!!!

Yes fingers crossed jobs will improve. I'm hoping we make enough from our house sale to tide us over for a few months. Well that's my plan. When are you looking to go?

I know the feeling with leaving family, It's definitely going to be hard. I'm 34 and my wifes 29...

Kevin and perry stage, I bet thats fun! We've got all that to come! haha

I always knew we would need three or four months to get on our feet over there, but I think it may end up being more of a struggle than that.. I think for us were going to monitor things over there and see for the signs of improvement. We have got to validate our visa's by end of September so I think we'll see what happens between now and then..

Hopefully The exchange rate will get better too!

I know the feeling with leaving family, It's definitely going to be hard. I'm 34 and my wifes 29...

Kevin and perry stage, I bet thats fun! We've got all that to come! haha

I always knew we would need three or four months to get on our feet over there, but I think it may end up being more of a struggle than that.. I think for us were going to monitor things over there and see for the signs of improvement. We have got to validate our visa's by end of September so I think we'll see what happens between now and then..

Hopefully The exchange rate will get better too!

I hope so, be nice if it could creep back up to the good old days of over $2 to the pound. Doubt it very much though!

Well all the best for the year ahead, hope it all goes smoothly for you! :smile:

I hope so, be nice if it could creep back up to the good old days of over $2 to the pound. Doubt it very much though!

Well all the best for the year ahead, hope it all goes smoothly for you! :smile:

Definitely! I'm always checking the rates it's like an obsession! lol It has crept back up a bit the past month or so but as soon as the UK triggers article 50 I think it will be dropping again! but we shall see!

All the best for you guys too!! Let us know when you do decide to go or how it is when your there. :smile:

Definitely! I'm always checking the rates it's like an obsession! lol It has crept back up a bit the past month or so but as soon as the UK triggers article 50 I think it will be dropping again! but we shall see!

All the best for you guys too!! Let us know when you do decide to go or how it is when your there. :smile:

Will do! Thank you :smile: