Ancestory dna

elfie

Thought I would share this

Well I have always been curious about my family history, so started to track my family tree. Just before Xmas as a present to me from me I sent for the ancestry DNA kit. The results came in yesterday not so startling but here you go

Ireland 41%

Great Britain 20%

Scandinavia 19%

Iberian Peninsula 11%

Italy/Greece 4%

Europe West 1%

Europe East 1%

Asia South 1%

Finland North West Russia 1%

The remaining 1% must be alien lol

I knew of the Irish heritage but I really thought that my British percentage would be far more. So there must have been Irish heritage on my mothers side some where down the line also. Also guessed that there would be a smattering of Scandinavia as the Vikings invaded but its a fairly large percentage. As for the South Asia well its said we are all related to Genghis Khan so that explains that. Perhaps also my love of India, Indian food and Greece its part of my make up. It came with a rather large print out and graph a very interesting read. :biggrin:

Thought I would share this

Well I have always been curious about my family history, so started to track my family tree. Just before Xmas as a present to me from me I sent for the ancestry DNA kit. The results came in yesterday not so startling but here you go

Ireland 41%

Great Britain 20%

Scandinavia 19%

Iberian Peninsula 11%

Italy/Greece 4%

Europe West 1%

Europe East 1%

Asia South 1%

Finland North West Russia 1%

The remaining 1% must be alien lol

I knew of the Irish heritage but I really thought that my British percentage would be far more. So there must have been Irish heritage on my mothers side some where down the line also. Also guessed that there would be a smattering of Scandinavia as the Vikings invaded but its a fairly large percentage. As for the South Asia well its said we are all related to Genghis Khan so that explains that. Perhaps also my love of India, Indian food and Greece its part of my make up. It came with a rather large print out and graph a very interesting read. :biggrin:

How does the DNA kit work elfie - what do you have to provide?

How does the DNA kit work elfie - what do you have to provide?

Hi log on to ancestory.com navigate site to find the info. Sign up and pay. You then get a kit in post which is registered to you with unique number. You have to use this number to activate. You have to spit into a tube and some fluid from another tube shake it up. It then goes in a sealed box pop into envelope and send off and wait ?

• 1 month later...