Can you help me decide!

Shirleyt

We finally arrived in Perth 5 days ago ( will do long report when I get chance ) and have been speeding all day every day looking for suitable rentals. Think I've narrowed it down to two. The first is a house in Churchlands so great school for the kids but the house is quite dated and tired. The next is in Hilary's so bigger and more modern and I believe catchment for Duncraig high school. Any advise would be welcome on both schools and areas. I have a 6,8 and 11 years old so primary and senior schools are required. I'm going around in circles trying to decide so please help me! Glad to see the sun is now shining, I was starting to think I'd come to the wrong country!

Thanks for commenting its a big decision to make and not helped by the fact before we came I was all for Churchlands( due to the school) but now I'm here I'm leaning towards Hilary's ( for the nicer house ) . Not helped by my husband thinking the house isn't as important as the education but he will be out working most of the time so the dated interior probably won't bother him as much!

Hi

We choose Churchlands right from the word go and now live in the Churchlands catchment area. I am extremely happy with Churchlands and most importantly so are my two boys, they are both thriving here. I also love the fact that we are 20 mins closer to the CBD, which was important to my hubby's work, but we have found that we seem to be in the middle so going either further NOR or SOR is not too much of a chore. Have you walked around both high schools as your gut instinct might choose for you all.

Well we took the advise given and visited all the schools. We liked that Duncraig high School were building a brand new block for years 7&8 , the teacher that showed us around was really friendly and I was all for the Hilary's house but then when I asked her what school her children attended, she said Churchlands.

We then visited Churchlands and were blown away, it's facilities were brilliant and the results are amazing. The primary school was also very impressive but had a friendly feel about it.

The kids all want the house overlooking Hilary's but I'm thinking education is far more important than the decor of a house so I think we are getting close to a decision ! I'll keep you updated!

Well we just put our application in on............the Churchlands house so all being well the kids should be enrolled in Churchlands Primary next week ready for starting after half term. Now I've just got the snakes to keep an eye out for after being informed Herdmans wildlife sanctuary has the largest collection of Tiger snakes in an Australian wetland!

Hello! Just seen this.we have been in floreat for 2 weeks and my 6 year old started churchlands primary school 10 days ago and I am so impressed with it!she is year 1 room 3 give me a shout if you have any questions x

That is brilliant , thank you . I also have a daughter starting year one so I'll keep you informed of our progress. It would be great if they ended up in the same class, two new English girls together. Don't suppose you can remember which days the uniform shop opens, do you?

Hello.uniform shop run by lovely chap who happened to be there when we looked round.his kids attend school so I have seen him there most days.school very laid back and lots of fun but teaching great too.all year ones in same big room segmented off and they have done so much to help her settle

By the way big shop in office max needed for her stuff...was quite fun really.also need cutlery holder for pens..red dot shop the answer for that one..in innaloo.sounds nuts but we must have gone round so many shops looking for such a simple thing!

Oh god, it sounds like an Apprentice type shopping list to see if you can pass the test. I've got to buy it times three so better warn other half to except a sizeable bill!