Suburb advice

Hi I'm at the very beginning of the visa process but wanted to look into different suburbs as the last time me and hubby were in Perth we didn't have children now we have an 8 year old and an 18month old likely to be 10 and 2.5 . I'm hoping to get a job at the children's hospital in Perth but don't want to live in city centre due to expense and not ideal for kids! Wondering what advice you could give me about good areas to look at and also commuting times as I'm a nurse and will prob work shifts what transport will be available to me.

thanks

I currently live in jolimont/ daglish, there are plenty of children's parks around and a school close by, I'm working at nedlands ( which isn't in the city). I am catching the train everyday. you will be surprised at how efficient the train service is and how inexpensive it is xx

p.s I'm also a nurse lol x

I am unsure about the children's hospital, I'm at Hollywood private and I'm adult trained. Can you drive? You can pick up a cheap run around for around $1000 on gumtree. A lot of local garages also advertise on there. So worth a look. We have been advices from friends here that if it's an older car to make sure it is registered (rego) as its a palava if it isn't xx