Kwianana Freeway

We currently live in Jarrahadale and are thinking about renting in Safety Bay, Warnbro or Baldivis area but this would mean using the freeway between 7 and 8am. I have checked a few times on my phone by Google maps to see how long it should take to get to University Curtin in Bentley says around a hour. Does anyone have experience of freeway in the morning also returning at 4pm.

We currently live in Jarrahadale and are thinking about renting in Safety Bay, Warnbro or Baldivis area but this would mean using the freeway between 7 and 8am. I have checked a few times on my phone by Google maps to see how long it should take to get to University Curtin in Bentley says around a hour. Does anyone have experience of freeway in the morning also returning at 4pm.

Approximately an hour and a half if you leave by 7am at the very latest. Traffic is horrendous any later than that, even then it is slow going.

Could you not use trains less hasel

I am living at the bottom of Hammond park so I use the Rowley Road exit to join the Kwinana freeway. I start work at Perth airport at 7.30 am and finish at 4, I leave in the morning at 6 and I usually get there before 7. If I leave any later I join the freeway to standstill traffic, and I will be lucky to make it in on time, if it's raining you can guarantee there's been an accident and it takes about an hour and a half! On a good run it takes about 40-45 minutes but the stretch of freeway between Rowley Road and Berrigan Drive has been an eye opener! And I've only been at my job a week. Good luck!

I was so happy when all the southbound lanes around the roe highway junctions opened last week. I work off the leach highway, so join the kwinana from there to travel back to Mandurah, and the first day was a breeze, made such a difference not having the 80 zone, I was home in 45 minutes....but then the rest of the week its been hell - not helped by the rain, which seems to turn everyone into even worse drivers. The traffic 'jam' seems to just have moved further south - Cockburn all the way to Thomas Road has been horrendous all week.

Going north, I set off just before 7am to get to Booragoon for an 8am start, and I have started coming off at Anketell and going up Stock Road parallel to the Kwinana, as its just crawling traffic from Rowley until the city pretty much.

I wonder if they are going to try to improve the traffic situation.....the population is only going to expand.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...