Which areas?

Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me some of the areas/locations that command the highest prices for real estate? My husband is a property developer in the UK with his own business that build and develop high spec properties, we are over in Perth at the moment and would like to look around some areas for him to see the style and spec over here.

He expects that front line, sea view properties command higher prices but as you can self build here more easily as there's so much space it's tricky to understand which suburbs have the top end properties...except near the CBD. He already has some meetings set up but would ideally like to meet with any agents too...are there any estate agents that ate specifically for the high end spec properties? ? Any ideas or advice would be fantastic! Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The most expensive suburbs in Perth are either along the Swan, Nedlands, Peppermint Grove, Dalkeith or Oceanside such as Cottesloe, Floreat, City beach. You are under the illusion there is so much space, which of course there is if you head out of the City either north or south where high spec homes probably aren't as sought after. Sadly WA is on an extreme downturn right now so probably not the best time for you to be thinking about moving here in your line of work. Just my opinion of course. New estates are many kilometres from the City on very small blocks.

Hi I am wondering if anyone can tell me some of the areas/locations that command the highest prices for real estate? My husband is a property developer in the UK with his own business that build and develop high spec properties, we are over in Perth at the moment and would like to look around some areas for him to see the style and spec over here.

He expects that front line, sea view properties command higher prices but as you can self build here more easily as there's so much space it's tricky to understand which suburbs have the top end properties...except near the CBD. He already has some meetings set up but would ideally like to meet with any agents too...are there any estate agents that ate specifically for the high end spec properties? ? Any ideas or advice would be fantastic! Thanks!

William Porteous (Porteous Real Estate, I think) does all the high end stuff. Also Space Real Estate, Anderson Davies, Abel McGrath (they do Western suburbs) to name a few around Western suburbs (all the suburbs Arwen mentioned). Maybe talk to some builders....go to their display homes. Not the ones in the display villages but look for Humphrey Homes, Giorgi, Zorzi....they all have home opens around the place (Zorzi has one in Browne Ave, Dalkeith at the moment - it should be open today)...maybe Brian Burke Homes will have a home open as I found a good one in South Perth recently that was open (they have one open in Brompton Rd, Wembley Downs....I think it's number 54...I looked at it last weekend). Anyway, looking at those homes might give you an idea of cost, finish expected etc. It would be very difficult to make a profit at the moment. A Humphrey home I looked at recently in Floreat cost $2mil to build (that's the cost to the average person, not the builder) and the block was prob worth $1.3mil ($1.2 maybe...) but there's no way it would get $3mil if it were sold. Same as the Brian Burke home in Wembley Downs. It just sold for $1.6m....he told me it was $1.1mil to build and I guess the block would be about $600k so again sale price leaves no margin.....

Thanks, yes we realise that the market is not great at all at the moment but we aren't planning on moving for another 18 months or so. Just wanted to make some contacts if possible and get an idea of designs etc. Thanks for the info....we will get looking at some show homes today now the rain has stopped ?

Hi, not sure what youre looking for - are you looking for land and your husband will develop site etc or are you just looking for plot to get local builder to build etc ?

Either way … for big returns , im sure youre 10 years to late ….. As you will be aware the UK market really was meant to crash …. But just holding on by its claws all dependant on the London factor .

Yep , my opinion is the world is changing ! Grand designs and Sarah beany are gone ….. Oh and Phil n Kirsty ;o)

But hey , enjoy Perth x

Thanks for the reply, we had a great chat with someone from a major development and building company in WA so made some contacts already at an open house today and yes of course the market has changed into a downturn but there are still opportunities, it just depends on location and spec which has to be just right. There will always be people who want a high end property built from scratch and that build managed by someone else. My husband already has a property development business, we're not looking to build for ourselves.

Thanks for the reply, we had a great chat with someone from a major development and building company in WA so made some contacts already at an open house today and yes of course the market has changed into a downturn but there are still opportunities, it just depends on location and spec which has to be just right. There will always be people who want a high end property built from scratch and that build managed by someone else. My husband already has a property development business, we're not looking to build for ourselves.

agreed but this is Perth.... we are very small town here. Everyone knows everyone...that's how you get jobs!

Thanks, we're starting to realise that! Thanks for your previous advice Laz!The open house was beautiful and very interesting looking at the spec and different design. it was so helpful to meet one of the team there and make a contact. We will keep a close eye on the market over the next 18 months to assess whether the time is right to continue the business over here. At the moment just trying to see all the different locations and design features of aussie properties!

Thanks, we're starting to realise that! Thanks for your previous advice Laz!The open house was beautiful and very interesting looking at the spec and different design. it was so helpful to meet one of the team there and make a contact. We will keep a close eye on the market over the next 18 months to assess whether the time is right to continue the business over here. At the moment just trying to see all the different locations and design features of aussie properties!

There's another one I looked at last weekend in Floreat (edge of the new Perry Lakes development). It's by 'Transform' (I think that's the name) and it's the builder's own home. It's designed by Daniel Cassettai... it's another house (very modern) that'd give you an idea of what people want. It was VERY busy when I viewed it. Also check out Riverstone (one in Applecross and another in Swanbourne) - classic but popular homes...