WANTED furnished accommodation central Perth 16th Feb onwards

Guest sdpd

Hi all

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help...My boyfriend and I are coming to Perth on 16th February on a working holiday visa and need somewhere to live for an initial period of up to 3 months. We want somewhere central so would be looking for something in the CBD or surrounding suburbs. I have looked on stayz.com for short term furnished accommodation but think the prices are a bit expensive. I have also been on aussiehome.com and have seen quite a few apartments which seem suitable in terms of price and location but I have enquired about a few of them and get the feeling the agents don't really want to know until we are actually over there, hence it is unlikely that we would be able to secure one of these apartments from the UK. Our other problem is that our flight lands at 1am on Friday 18th Feb so hardly a convenient time! What advice would anyone have regarding our arrival...should we book a hotel for the first night?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi

We used to provide short term furnished rentals specifically for people migrating from the UK. We used to advise clients to book for a month, which would give them time to find a longer term unfurnished rental.

You'll find it almost impossible to secure a normal rental with an estate agent if you're not actually in the country, like you said they don't want to know (& don't need to given the vacancy rate for rental properties is so low).

I know stayz may seem expensive but they are in effect, holiday accommodation with all bills (gas/water/electric/broadband/countil tax etc included). When you look at the cost of what you think might be budget accommodation such as cabins on campsites for example, you can end up paying $220+ per night for a cabin.