Suburbs

ali

Thought it would be helpful if people could post information on the suburb they live in

LEEMING:

Leeming is South of the River, it is approx 14/17 km from the City. It's an older suburb and there aren't alot of new builds, people tend to renovate here. Its mostly middle income families.

Leeming falls into three Shires: City of Cockburn, City of Melville and City of Canning - Melville would like for all of Leeming to come under them.

Median House prices are approx $600,000 (RIWA March 2010)

Nearest train station is Murdoch and it takes about 10 mins by train (15 by car) into the city. 45 mins to Mandurah by Train. Approx 30 mins to the international/domestic airport. 15 mins to Coogee beach, 20 mins to South Beach and Fremantle.

3 state Primary schools, Banksia Park, Leeming Primary and West Leeming (all good reputations), one state High School which includes an educational support centre. They also have an academic extension programme for gifted and talented students, Music and Science programmes. There are private Primary and Secondary Schools in Bateman, Bull Creek and Murdoch.

We've lived here 4 years, we've found it a nice neighbourhood with a low crime rate, it's convenient to most things and has a great community feel

There's a small shopping forum on the doorstep, woolies/coles are 5 - 10 min drive away at Bull Creek, Southlands (also a cinema) and Kardinya. Garden City shopping centre is about 10 -15 mins drive away.

We've a short drive away from places like Wireless Hill, Woodman point, Point Walter, Point Heathcote

There is a recreation centre, and also. Lakeside Recreation centre is 10 mins away.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from our sister site and posted by Jules:

HAMILTON HILL:

Hamilton Hill is 7 mins drive from Freo & 25 mins drive from CBD (leaving at 7am) Murdoch station is a 10 min drive & has free parking (so long as you're there before 8am)

It borders South Fremantle & we're a couple of minutes from South Beach (& free buses run to Freo) & also 5 mins from Coogee Beach.

Garden City shopping mall - one of the biggest in Perth is 15 mins away

This is an older suburb although there is still vacant plots and a lot of subdivision going on if you want to build. Median house price is around $450K

Weekly rent for 4x2 is $350-$400.

West of Carrington Rd is more desirable - closer to South Freo & beaches. The closer to Spearwood the less desirable.

Neither South Fremantle High School nor Hamilton Hill High School have good reputations and for that reason although initially loving it here we are now looking to buy somewhere in the City of Melville - perhaps Kardinya.

A great value for money place to live if you don't have children or they are going to an independent school.

Baldivis.

Is a bit of a master planned subburb which i am told will eventually be bigger than canning vale , it has quite a few areas the most popular sems to be Settlers hills ( i think as its more established ..trees etc ) Rivergums, tuart ridge , Baldivis Central , The chase , baldivis North, Highbury Park, to name a few !

There are 3 primary schools , Baldivis primary , Settlers Primary and the newest Makybe rise . Then there is Tranby college which is private , there is an Abc childcare center, tranby also do Daycare .

There is a Highschool at present being built , though not sure when it will be open .

we are less than ten minutes away from the beach , nearest for us being Warnbro or Waikiki beach , along the coast road you will find Shoalwater and safety bay , Pelican island is off from shoalwater and point Peron and rockingham are the next .

Rockingham foreshore is fab for kids as the beach is shallow like the med and has a huge park area and playground for children , lots of restuarants and cafes etc ... also the Brit shop:wubclub: for those who like there brit fix !

warnbro is the nearest Train line and i would say ten minutes depending on which area you live its possibly only 5 from me it takes longer to open the garage and drive out !

Rockingham has the nearest shopping center ( 15 mins ) ( the big one) and mandurah ( half hr drive ), Baldivis has a stocklands and will be a lot bigger eventually it is supposed to be as big as whitfords i am told, ( you can see it has the space for it !) it has coles and waikiki has woolworths barely ten mins down the rd .

There are lots of parks here and very child friendly , winery's etc it is out from perth and Freemantle but its really easy to get to my driving i would say 45 mins as long as its not rush traffic ( i dawdle ) Settlers itsself has a couple of restaurants , estate agents , clothes , hairdressers etc , takeaways ...

Anyway i would say it has what you need .. family Friendly Area .:smile:

Guest JAMBOULTON

Hi jackboots, baldivis sounds good, we are moving to tuart ridge in september, when our house is finished, haven't been to baldivis since jan 2010 when we were last in oz, so really looking forward to seeing how it has changed over the past year or so. handy that there are childcare centres as my wife is nursery manager, so would be good to try and get a job near to home. thanks james

hi James , its lovely Baldivis just has a really nice feel to it , though we have been lucky we have lived in Kalamunda and Leeming both fab subburbs all 3 are vastly different !

Tuart Ridge is going to be great it has a great park , tennis courts .. and the new Primary is there which will be extended in the future , my daughter goes to it its a lovely little school ( state ) .

The strange thing about house's in Baldivis is the diffence in size and price, they are all very different rentals can be between 360-500 per week .. and also higher if you want land as they say here PROPERTY ( which means house plus land ) ..

• 2 weeks later...

Not much info from me , they are north of the river right ? we looked at Dianella at one point but choose Leeming instead as it was mirror image on the other side of the water , purely for us we just like the south ..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianella,_Western_Australia

Guest NeilEB

Cheers Jack,

Mainly they are close to the school we'd like to send our son to - we actually thought that being a bit inland, they might be a bit cheaper too.....guess not!

Secret Harbour:

We have lived here for 2 years now. It is South of Rockingham but North of Mandurah. It is easy to get to Warnbro train Station and onto the Kwinana Freeway so ideal commuter place.

We have a great Surf beach here and a great golf course too. State swim have a pool here so kids learn to swim from 6 months old.

2 primary schools: Secret Harbour Primary and Comet Bay Primary (this is where 2 of mine attend and I could not rate it any more than I do!!!)

1 Senior College: Comet Bay College...My eldest goes there. It has had its knocks but it is getting there now and I am happy to send my kids there.

Shopping centre: consists of Brumbys the bakers, Hairdresses, News agents, Post office, Surf Shop, Coffee shop, Donut King, Florist, chemist, fashion wear shop, bakers and Woolworths. There are other shops including doctors, realty, fish and chips, chicken treat, pizza shop, bottle shops and the Whistling Kite...our very own pub!!!

Secret Harbour is a family suburb with lots going on. Anyone wanting to play tennis at the week ends...I am the key holder for the courts in Secret Harbour so for $10 an hour you can have a game......contact me!!!!......sorry bit of advertising there!!!

All in all a nice suburb to live in. We won't be going anywhere soon!

Any advise needed just ask away.

Sue

Guest Harrison Clan

Thank you all for sharing. It's great to get info from those with first hand experience. We have been looking at the Secret Harbour, Port Kennedy, Warnbro, Baldivis area but Secret Harbour is top of our list at the moment.

Wendy

Guest Harrison Clan
and the fairy cakes!!:biglaugh:

Tea :biggrin: fairy cakes :biggrin: ... important factors to consider when a girl's deciding where to live... and if you were to throw wine into the equation too.... now that could be interesting :biglaugh:

Oceanreef

i guess its about 30 kms from perth , close to the beach about 5 mins drive from joondalup to get to the bus station or train station also train stations at edgewater and currembine also 5 mins drive away

local shops centre beaumaris

three primary schools , beaumaris ,, oceanreef and catholic st simon peter

two high schools oceanreef senior high school and catholic prinderville catholic college

situated between illuka and mullaloo beach

large blocks between 7oosqm and 920 sqm would be a good average

belongs to joondalup shire [ pain in the back sides ]

High wycombe

approx 16 km from perth cbd

local shops newburn shopping centre and and wittenoom rd shops

average block around 700/ 800 sqm

belongs to kalamunda shire

schools , primary edney rd primary and high wycombe primary/ mathew gibney catholic college

high school forrstfield high school / st brigids catholic girls college / mazenod catholic boys college

bus service wasnt good dont know if it has changed

nearest train station / midland train station