RSMS Subclass 187 post July 2012

stelol1

Guest canberra

RCB (ACT Govt) approved in 2 weeks’ time

Employer nomination at DIAC lodged on 22 Oct, 2012

Visa online application submitted: 31 Oct 2012 (withh all required docs and medicals)

Employer Nomination approved: 20 Feb 2013 at 10:00am

RSMS 187 Visa granted: 20 Feb 2013 at 02:30pm

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visa online application submitted: 31 Oct 2012 (withh all required docs and medicals)

First of all, congratulations canberra! That's awesome news! I can't believe how quickly your visa was granted! May I ask what your occupation is? Did you use a migration agent? If so, was the application submitted decision ready? And what processing centre did you have? Cheers

Guest canberra

Thanks. Occupation Biologist, applied personally - no agent. Application was NOT decision ready - 187 direct stream scheme. Grant letter received from NSW Parramatta.

First of all, congratulations canberra! That's awesome news! I can't believe how quickly your visa was granted! May I ask what your occupation is? Did you use a migration agent? If so, was the application submitted decision ready? And what processing centre did you have? Cheers

Guest mahibul

Visa online application submitted: 31 Oct 2012 (withh all required docs and medicals

congrat's canberra, finnaly you gave us some hope,

but perth office are so much behind,

I'm actually quite surprised that Canberra's visa has been granted so soon! I've been following a few forums and this is the first 187 visa I've seen that's been granted so far out from when the 187 subclass was introduced on 1 July. I've seen a few peoples' 187 visa get granted, but theirs were lodged in July... Canberra's was lodged in October! Perhaps it really was a lucky dip because I didn't think the case officers were that far ahead. Especially for a non-decision ready application! I'm very envious! Mine was lodged on 11/9/12 but at the Melbourne PSE center... still waiting for a CO!

Guest Petejbull

Hi all

There is light at the end of the tunnel so hang on in there we submitted RCB on 16 jan and got emai from case officer on 20 feb requesting police and meds subclass 187 through agent

Guest mahibul
We submitted our application DRC through Perth on 31st October and not heard anything yet. Very lucky Canberra and pete

hi nee, i also submitted my application on 02/11/12, drc on perth office, still no news, i think perth are so slow for 187...

Guest canberra

Thanks every one and good luck to all. I thought it would be good if give you a brief full story time-line.

RCB (ACT Govt) - Approved in 2 weeks’ time

Employer Nomination - Lodged 22-10-2012; acknowledged 10-12-2012 & approved 20-02-2013

187 Visa Application – Lodged 31-10-2012; acknowledged 30-11-2012 & 187 Visa granted 20-02-2013

BTW - the status of my nomination and visa application is still just 'Application received"

My status has been "in progress" since I checked the first time.

Lodged in Perth DRC on 16th Jan all the documents attached including medical checks. Acknowledgement of Valid Application and bridging visa Received on the same day

Low risk country, civil engineer technician

How can you check the status? Please provide the link. Thank you

Hi Nee, you can check the status of your application via the following link. I'm not sure if this only works for the new eVisas or if it will work for the previous paper lodged applications, but give it a go. You will need your TRN number and password.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login

Hi Nee, you can check the status of your application via the following link. I'm not sure if this only works for the new eVisas or if it will work for the previous paper lodged applications, but give it a go. You will need your TRN number and password.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login

Exactly!

I think it works only for the new applications (after 1st Jul)

BTW Sonic how is your status at the moment?

Cheers.

Exactly!

I think it works only for the new applications (after 1st Jul)

BTW Sonic how is your status at the moment?

Cheers.

I am all too familiar with that webpage... I'm only checking it about a hundred times a day to see if there's any change to my application lol :wideeyed:

My nomination and visa still just show "Application received" and quite frankly I'm reeeeeeally starting to get annoyed! 11 days out from 6 months since it was lodged. And 6 months is the processing timeframe for the 187 visa. Sure wish there was some activity with my application.........

I am all too familiar with that webpage... I'm only checking it about a hundred times a day to see if there's any change to my application lol :wideeyed:

I know what you mean...same here :ssign7:

I think your problem is that your application is not a DR. I've heard they might take 9 months....Anyway, we are on the same boat. just be patient. Fingers crossed!!!

Guest canberra

I think talk to your HR manager or relevant officer there to contact DIAC regarding your application update. It might be helpful. HR usually has a contact person/s in immigration!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wombat

Hi all

I've just received this from my agent. I don't know whether is a good news or not....anyway:

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]ENS / RSMS Processing Times and Decision Ready Applications

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]At a recent meeting with DIAC’s Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (PESE) section in Parramatta, the MIA was provided with an update on processing times and Decision Ready applications for the NSW, QLD and ACT caseload, as at 4 March 2013.

• Pre-1 July 2012 applications
    Parramatta Processing Centre
    ENS: All cases allocated
    RSMS: Applications received to 18 June 2012 have been allocated to a case officer

Melbourne Processing Centre
    RSMS: Applications received to 1 April 2012 have been allocated to a case officer

Perth Processing Centre
    ENS: Applications received to 29 June 2012 have been allocated to a case officer
    RSMS: Applications received to 7 May 2012 have been allocated to a case officer
  • Post-1 July 2012 electronically lodged applications
    Currently allocating applications received July / August 2012

Processing time service standards

Applications are still within processing time service standards as shown online.

Grouping of cases

In an attempt to better manage the caseload, applications are being grouped by occupation (to enable case officers to develop expertise and experience in those areas), by employers and also by agents (whose reliability in providing good applications is recognised).

In May / June 2012, there were more than 30,000 applications on hand, and the refusal rate was 15-20 percent (up from the usual five-10 percent).

Decision Ready cases

Applications identified as Decision Ready are being given priority, but as there are hundreds of Decision Ready applications, the processing of these could take between seven and nine months.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Wombat, thank you very much for posting this!

What interests me in this article is that it mentions that post 1 July electronically lodged applications (which is the 187 subclass) are currently being allocated for applications received in July / August 2012. This is great news! It is nice to FINALLY have an idea of approximately where they are! It is interesting that they say that applications are still within processing time service standards though, as I'm sure a lot of us are outside the service standard processing times! The 187 has a 6-month processing time and my 6-month point was on 11 March! But hey... if the post 1 July applications are up to July/August then I can't see mine taking too much longer as mine was lodged on 11 September! :)

So despite the fact that they are still hammering away at all the backlogged applications, I'm pretty sure that they have many case officer's designated to pre 1 July applications and others designated to post 1 July applications. This gives me some shred of hope that mine will get allocated to a CO before tooooo much longer lol

Guest sss71
Hi all

I've just received this from my agent. I don't know whether is a good news or not....anyway:

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]ENS / RSMS Processing Times and Decision Ready Applications

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]At a recent meeting with DIAC’s Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (PESE) section in Parramatta, the MIA was provided with an update on processing times and Decision Ready applications for the NSW, QLD and ACT caseload, as at 4 March 2013.

• Pre-1 July 2012 applications
    Parramatta Processing Centre
    RSMS: Applications received to 18 June 2012 have been allocated to a case officer

Melbourne Processing Centre
    RSMS: Applications received to 1 April 2012 have been allocated to a case officer

Perth Processing Centre
    ENS: Applications received to 29 June 2012 have been allocated to a case officer
    RSMS: Applications received to 7 May 2012 have been allocated to a case officer
  • Post-1 July 2012 electronically lodged applications
    Currently allocating applications received July / August 2012

Processing time service standards

Applications are still within processing time service standards as shown online.

Grouping of cases

In an attempt to better manage the caseload, applications are being grouped by occupation (to enable case officers to develop expertise and experience in those areas), by employers and also by agents (whose reliability in providing good applications is recognised).

In May / June 2012, there were more than 30,000 applications on hand, and the refusal rate was 15-20 percent (up from the usual five-10 percent).

Decision Ready cases

Applications identified as Decision Ready are being given priority, but as there are hundreds of Decision Ready applications, the processing of these could take between seven and nine months.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Thank you very much, Wombat! Really useful info! One question is about decision ready applications. It says it would take 7~9 months which is not in line with the service standard of 6 months. It must be about pre-July lodged applications?

Guest wombat

Hi sss71,

I don't know, it seems to me that they haven't said anything. The only thing that I've understood is that this is a good business for them. Think how much we've spent so far and multiply 30000 (probably more, actually for sure more).

Anyway. we must wait and think that one day everything will be sorted out.

Good luck everyone.

Hi All, Anyone any updates on rsms 187? Seems to be very quite. I would love to know how many 187 were applied for since July and how many are granted.......

I'm also interested to know of anyone with any movement on their 187 visa applications. Supposedly they are allocating cases from July and August to case officers. Mine was lodged on 11 September. Coming up on 6 1/2 months and the "service standard processing time" is 6 months. Getting really frustrated :/

I would feel a bit better to know that peoples' 187's are getting processed so I at least know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.