Servicing the Mitsubushi & Vauxhall in Perth?

The Jamesy's

Hiya, we are hoping to take our Mitsbushi Shogun and Vauxhall Vivaro Van (has a Renault engine) when we return in the next few months. we have tried to contact some of the garages in Perth with regards to servicing and repairing both these vehicles but had no luck so far. Was just wondering if anyone else had taken their car with them and could tell me if you have found it fairly easy/reasonable when needing to get parts etc? Thanks Jess xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jess, maybe a late reply, but hopefully this may help. As long as you'r not concerned about franchise servicing (i.e. main dealer), then you should have no issues. As you know 4x4's are frequent out here, so the shogun is fine. No so sure about the Vivaro, but if you need anything I find it quicker to ship it from the UK than from inside Australia.

I drive early 90's Volvo and can walk into most car shops and get either off the shelf or a few days for routine stuff.

Best of luck

Nick

I'm sure you know this, but the Shogun is known by it's non-UK name, Pajero, in Australia. And the Vauxhall will be a Holden equivalent. Not sure I'd take it to the Renault dealership for anything engine-related though as they're dear for parts (it can be cheaper to order them in the UK, pay shipping/duty etc than buy them from the Renault place).

Any of the Mitsubishi or Holden dealers should be able to service them though.

From experience of purchasing a new car from Rockingham Mitsubishi I would not take it there, after the first service is due its then going down to Mandurah Mitsubshi for anything else, cos the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing in that dealership let me tell you .......... why oh why is nothing simple in this country!

Hiya' date=' we are hoping to take our Mitsbushi Shogun and Vauxhall Vivaro Van (has a Renault engine) when we return in the next few months. we have tried to contact some of the garages in Perth with regards to servicing and repairing both these vehicles but had no luck so far. Was just wondering if anyone else had taken their car with them and could tell me if you have found it fairly easy/reasonable when needing to get parts etc? Thanks Jess xx[/quote']

Well you better make a choice of which. One you are taking