Places to eat -Italian in Perth

jono007jono

What's your budget?

There are loads in Freo (owing to the large Italian population), but I rarely see any Italians eating out other than at Ruocco's but after a recent *ahem* family dispute there are mixed reactions to the new staff.

Sandrino's seems to have a good reputation but we were indifferent about it.

Gino's is pretty iconic but the dishes I like are great, others are just awful so the menu is pretty hit and miss.

Friends went to Tabella the other night and liked it but I've not been myself.

Having eaten regularly at Carluccio's in the UK, the River Cafe, Jamie's, Locatelli's and several trips to Rome there's nothing here that comes even close to any of them so if you really love Italian make friends with them and get an invite to dinner.

Do you have kids? My kids love making pasta with me and apparently we make the best pesto "evaaahhh".

Guest guest9824

Maurizios, Fitzgerald St....very expensive, but Maurizio himself is front of house, and very good. It serves authentic antipasti....but as I say it's for special occasions because of the price tag. Going to Jamie's too for wedding anniversary in June might see you there Jono and family......hope it's good, we have waited long enough for a table.Pea

Afraid that's the only one I would recommend. Though there is a good one in Burswood if you fancy a short cab ride.

Getting on well thanks. Still in Mandurah, but now working in Africa. How long have you been in Oz?

Benn here a year,live in Baldivis.We go to Mandurah often with the dog.

Working in Africa..wow that's a trek!

Maurizios, Fitzgerald St....very expensive, but Maurizio himself is front of house, and very good. It serves authentic antipasti....but as I say it's for special occasions because of the price tag. Going to Jamie's too for wedding anniversary in June might see you there Jono and family......hope it's good, we have waited long enough for a table.Pea

Thanks for the recommendations. Do you have to book a table at Jamies as we thought you had to queue up.

Guest guest9824
Thanks for the recommendations. Do you have to book a table at Jamies as we thought you had to queue up.

Jono007....we went to the restaurant about two weeks after it opened, granted it was a Saturday night, and we knew we would have to queue outside, it was 5.15 when we started queuing and we still werent at the front of the door at 6.30 they then said there was a two hour wait once inside. Needless to say we didnt wait. I tried to book a table and was told they were originally booked up for three months. So the nearest saturday I could get (rang in May) was the 22nd June!!! I guess if you are happy to wait outside (it may not be as bad now as the novelty may have worn off) then dont book, but I would always book especially in Perth (on a Saturday anyway). Hope you enjoy it!

Pea

• 3 years later...

There are several best Italian restaurants in Perth. If you want to visit the best, then surf on the internet or consult with the experts. In Perth there are plenty of well-known of Italian restaurants. But it will take a bit of difficulty to discover out top good Italian restaurants in Perth. Check in at Perth Italian restaurants to feel unique Italian flavors. For more details, please refer to the various internet sources.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...