Storage Costs

Nikkis2000

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone out there has had to put their stuff into storage either before or after shipment?

Due to an extremely quick sale, for a very good price, on our house we have found ourselves in the position where we will be living with the in-laws for the best part of 4 months before we leave for Oz. As a result we are going to have to store our stuff either in the UK before shipment or we could send it over and store it in Perth until we arrive.

Has anybody been through this and if so which companies did you use, how much was it, did you store here or in Oz and did you use the shipping company or go independent?

Sorry for so many questions but the first quote we had adds the best part of £1,500 to the price which we obviously weren't planning for.

Thanks!

Nikki

Nikkis

We used Bishopsmove and they were great. We got caught out as we are renting our house and the family wanted in at Easter, they have collected 75% of our stuff and it's in storage until we tell them where and when it's to be shipped. i drive a hard bargain and managed to get them to agree to free storage up to end of june and if we hadn't shipped by then it will cost us £30 a week there after. They weren't the cheapest company we had quoting us but the service was the best.....

We are hoping to be in Perth by September and the shipping company will ship once we tell them to. I also got them to agree to a second uplift at out rented flat here in the UK to get the rest of the stuff....

If you've not confirmed which company you are using haggle wit them regarding the storage.

We have our furniture and boxes packed in storage in the UK. We are using Big Yellow Storage. We have used them before and they are excellent. They may be a bit dearer than other storage companies, but you do get what you pay for.

If it were me, I would leave things in storage in the UK and then when you have picked a shipper, send your container ahead of you. That way you should not be waiting too long at the other end for your container to arrive.

We moved with john mason who offered 4 weeks free storage on arrival, just had to pay and admin charge of 120 dollars to move it in. We have ended up with 5 weeks free storage and after that have been quoted 33 dollars per week. Check your insurance policy though as ours covers us for only the first 60 days storage after arrival. Not sure how long it covers before it is shipped though.

We moved with john mason who offered 4 weeks free storage on arrival, just had to pay and admin charge of 120 dollars to move it in. We have ended up with 5 weeks free storage and after that have been quoted 33 dollars per week. Check your insurance policy though as ours covers us for only the first 60 days storage after arrival. Not sure how long it covers before it is shipped though.

Hi sorry to ask, but we too are shipping with John Mason. Our part 20ft container is still on the water at the moment, expected 19th July. Wridgeways are charging us $606 for AQUIS before the container is even here. If you don't mind would you let me know what you were charged for AQUIS and if/what you got charged when the container had been examined. A PM would be great if you don't want to disclose on here.

Many thanks in advance

Hi sorry to ask, but we too are shipping with John Mason. Our part 20ft container is still on the water at the moment, expected 19th July. Wridgeways are charging us $606 for AQUIS before the container is even here. If you don't mind would you let me know what you were charged for AQUIS and if/what you got charged when the container had been examined. A PM would be great if you don't want to disclose on here.

Many thanks in advance

Also, just asked for their storage costs, they are $202.07 for storage handling and $40.41 every week. This was quoted from Wridgeways today