Need help

Hello,

I have PR visa and will visit Perth in early October, 2014 for 08 days. My target is to cater the following:

1. Centrelink documentation

2. Medicare card

3. Driving lisence

4. Bank Account

5. Visit some good places

What is your opinion? Can I complete all of them in these days or the process will take more time? Any suggestion about any other document/ task? I have heard that residential addrress of Australia is necessary for first 03 above mentioned items, is it correct?

01 more thing. I am confused to decide the stay location from where I can complete/ access all of the above mentioned tasks easily & economically? Is Perth CBD suitable for me to stay in this aspect? Online booking available at many websites for accomodation. Are they safe?

Please guide me.

Regards,

Shoaib

If you are only coming for 8 days I wouldn't be doing any of these until you move permanently to Australia. You can open a bank account before you leave and pick up your bank cards once you arrive. But opening an account once you arrive in Australia 8 days will not be enough time for your cards to arrive.

On our validation trip we only picked up our bank cards as we had transferred some money before we arrived.

My medicare card took 4 weeks to come in the post so you'd need an address for it to go to. Same for the driving license. Plus the driving license has an expiry date. I'd open a bank account online before you come and collect your card on arrival and leave the rest until you move here permanently. Plus, you'd be wasting time hanging around in offices when you could be having fun.

Debs

Thanks all for your guidance.

Actually I want to get them all so that when I move to Australia permenantly, all would be ready. Can I give address of any of my friend there?

Also, one thing remained unanswered, "I am confused to decide the stay location from where I can complete/ access all of the above mentioned tasks easily & economically? Is Perth CBD suitable for me to stay in this aspect? Online booking available at many websites for accomodation. Are they safe?"

Please guide me.

Regards,

Shoaib

Thanks all for your guidance.

Actually I want to get them all so that when I move to Australia permenantly, all would be ready. Can I give address of any of my friend there?

Also, one thing remained unanswered, "I am confused to decide the stay location from where I can complete/ access all of the above mentioned tasks easily & economically? Is Perth CBD suitable for me to stay in this aspect? Online booking available at many websites for accomodation. Are they safe?"

Please guide me.

Regards,

Shoaib

......and I have to sit an ielts exam:swoon: