MoveCube Dummies thread!

cutchibear

such a great thread i have jsut ready every post! we are only taking some boxes of memories some kids today an adult bike two scooters and two fat screen tvs! so im hopeing to get away with a small one but may consider a medium and take a few more things with us. we arent at this stage yet still waiting on state sponsorship and invite but hey ho hopefully i will be asking lots of weird questions soon!! x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So another movecube dummy question here......

On the form it asks if we are shipping any 'Furniture or other articles of wood, cane or bamboo' - question is we are taking over a fair few pictures with wooden frames, do these count as 'Furniture' and need to be declared and listed?

...another question....

on the page where you are meant to attach a copy of your visa there is not enough room to sellotape the A4 printed copy of my grant letter in the space provided - is it just a case of including it as another page?

there may be other dumb questions to follow...:err:

So another movecube dummy question here......

On the form it asks if we are shipping any 'Furniture or other articles of wood, cane or bamboo' - question is we are taking over a fair few pictures with wooden frames, do these count as 'Furniture' and need to be declared and listed?

If anyone knows it would be much appreciated - upto now our 'wood' bits include photo frames, the wood for the base of the sofa, the wood on a few picture, our pine chest of drawers, the wooden slats on our bed, wardrobe - so quite a few bits of wood really!

Or do they mean a particular sort of wood??

Any help, or does anyone know if the furniture did need fumigating because of the 'wood' of what cost this is?

• 4 weeks later...

hi everybody! we are moving from Italy and we unfortunately we cannot use Movecube services... we have asked the quotation in one big local shipping company and they have quoted us 32 cubic meters up to Perth (packagin in our home by their personnel, moving to Itaian port, bringing to Perth) for euro 6,500 for 32 cubic meters. Since I have never ever managed to get other quotations from the competitors and seems that they have no other shipping companies at all, I was asking somebody who has already used Movecube services, how much did you pay for example for a Large Cube 6,20 cubic meters? Just to get the idea if Italians are asking too much?..

• 6 months later...