coles or woolworths

jen140977

Me I prefer Woolies for my veggies more selection and the veg dept is always full and most things. I pop into Coles for Yorkshire decaf t bags and Minerva Greek olive oil which is extortionately priced here in Aldis it used to be £1.99 a 500 ml bottle here its $9.99 but hey its worth it mmmmm. Roll on Aldi opening to get all the Mediterranean products hopefully. But if I am working down in Erskine Halls Head I like a nosey about in Farmer Jacks.

I tend to go to Coles, but do pop in Woolworths too. We have flyers through the door weekly so as they are both a equal distance from us, we go to which ever has the offers on we want. I don't find much between them in the main part. One to put on your list for sure is Spud shed aka Wanneroo farmers market. This is great for veg and meat (much cheaper than Farmer Jacks in my experience). I think there will be a much needed shake up for the market leaders once Aldi start trading. Joondaloop store is set to open in January 2016. We shopped there on the East Coast and the prices and products were exchange rate priced as UK. This will represent a huge saving on the weekly shop, and I for one will be driving there and going less and less to Coles or Woolworths. :)

• 2 months later...
By order of my 8 year old daughter we have now boycotted Woolworths as they are no longer giving away animal cards!! She is very upset as she only needed 6 more cards to complete her album!!

Lol... If you keep an eye on various facebook groups and gumtree you should be able to acquire the last cards (swap, get or buy)

• 1 year later...

I do not shop in either Coles or Woollies, and spread my dollars through IGA and Aldi... along with Gilberts in Southlands or Cannington Fresh on Albany Highway for my fruit, veg, cheese, milk, yoghurt, cold meats etc. I have never been a believer in shopping in once place for everything, and as there are so many wonderful independent stores and markets in WA now, the only things I buy in IGA or Aldi is loo rolls, tissues, cleaning products, jams, sauces etc. I am not a big meat eater and buy any I want from a number of local butchers in my area - Southlands Butcher is brilliant, as is the butcher in the Ranford Rd Southern River shopping centre (opposite Bunnings). Leonards Chicken are also brilliant.

I get that people are time-poor these days, but why would you just choose to do one massive shop at either Woollies or Coles every week? They stock such limited products at inflated prices and rip off the farmer and manufacturer along the way. I prefer to eat locally produced food and support a local family.